T20 Output Shaft Bearings

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: T20 Output Shaft Bearings

T20 Output Shaft Bearings

If you search the site for where to purchase the main bearings (output shaft bearings) for your T20, you'll find several threads where members have tried to source them locally and realized that they are only available from the manufacturer (RI). I learned that the hard way and it's a little misleading at first because, if you remove one of the bearings from the T20 and take it to a local bearing supply house, they will be able to provide you with that same Peer bearing with the same model number. However, when you put the stock Peer bearing they provide you next to the one out of the T20, it's immediately obvious that they are different thicknesses.

After doing this myself several years ago, I learned from a thread here on the forum that RI takes a stock Peer bearing and has it custom ground to remove 2mm so that it fits the T20. Since this is the only application for the custom ground bearings, they aren't available anywhere else and that means they are $$$ . I think they are $40 or $45 each but don't quote me on that.

So, earlier this week I ordered some new sprockets from Whipper for my Max IV. I was catching up with him on the phone and he mentioned that he has been grinding his own bearings for the T20's in his springers and had sold a few pairs to others too. When I asked how much he was selling them for, it was $54 a pair.

This may be old news to some of you but I thought it was worth posting as a cheaper alternative to the stock bearings.

Thanks for the heads up on this, Mike! It's certainly a very helpful tip here for people looking for a much less expensive, and readily available alternative!
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Very good news!
    Banned

+ Reply to Thread