Do you "ride" it or "drive " it?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Do you "ride" it or "drive " it?

Do you "ride" it or "drive " it?

A psychological (or physiologic) question. In reference to an aircraft, some say they get "on" the airplane and others say they get "in" the airplane. Now let's not over think this right now. I know some will want to expound as to the laws of physics and the practicality of getting "on" vs. "in" an aircraft that is whizzing through the atmosphere.

But for the sake of our 6X6's, do you consider yourself to be "riding" it, or "driving" it?

Driven or ridden would it not make better sense to go do it than to think about it ,,,,, geeeze wasting good trail time ...

Well figure this, I like to go riding but do drive it. I would/do believe things ridden are straddled, but since most of us have 2-3-4 wheel history we go riding.

I look at ths in a different way.....If I am a passenger then I am riding but if I am in control then I am "DRIVING".....
    Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.
    —Will Rogers

trust me here, if the thing goes over a steep slope and takes off on its own and you are terrified, you're riding. If you get to the bottom with no broken body parts and an intact machine, you're back driving!

Quote Originally Posted by guyfox View Post
    I look at ths in a different way.....If I am a passenger then I am riding but if I am in control then I am "DRIVING".....
    Yep was going to add that but 24 premiered tonight and distracted me.

As long as one wheel is on the ground im driving.
    however if no wheels are on the ground im riding.

Its quite obvious you get IN the fuselage of an airplane, not on it. But if I get drunk enough then maybe...

I drive my Max, my wife rides.
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

Quote Originally Posted by james gerber View Post
    as long as one wheel is on the ground im driving.
    However if no wheels are on the ground im riding.
    no if you have one wheel on the ground and five in the air you just endowed, and if their are no
    wheels on the ground then your an air bud

+ Reply to Thread