briggs 23 HP

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: briggs 23 HP

Well got her running today. Wired the solenoid under the carb to the ignition and attached the exhaust. Still need to button it all up but she purrs. the only issue I have is she idles high to the point where the belt is spinning and get that grinding when shifting. I know it's a mixture issue as I adjusted the idle but no help. Anyone know where the mixture screw is on these carbs for the 23 HP briggs? I also notice the engine doesn't die as quickly when shutting the ignition off, there's a minute lag or so. Just got to get the mixture and idle dialed in and should all be good. Thanks for the help on the voltage to the solenoid tip.

Trevor

She needs the governor linkage adjusted as I can push it away from the motor and she idles right down

Bend the tang for idle, many newer carbs. do not have idle mixture screws. Freq42 didn't have any on his when we did his idle and top end adjustments at George's.

I'd say the coils are not grounding out when ya shut it down, sounds like the fuel solenoid is only closing and when it staves for fuel does it shut off.

+ Reply to Thread