plunger bolt settings-T-20

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: plunger bolt settings-T-20

plunger bolt settings-T-20

Hi. I did some searches regarding the plunger bolts but I need clarification. Its my understanding the plunger bolts should be the same distance turned in with a difference of 5/16".
    I don't get this.
    So, I turn these bolts in so that the U-channels are level (equal) with finger pressure.
    Is his when I torque these bolts to twenty inch-pounds? I have a torque wrench, turned down socket and the distance tools.
    I'm supposed to measure the top and bottom plungers and they ought to be 5/16" difference. Difference? As compared to what? I'm confused.
    My Max IV is closing on two hundred hours and I'd like to adjust the plunger bolts mostly to get myself familiar with the transmission.
    Can someone explain the procedure to me?
    Thank you.
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

Thank you. The instructions you linked to show a simple method of adjusting.

Another question... I noticed the bottom plungers are not the same distance within their holes as compared to the top plungers. Is this acceptable? (they are not all the way in)
    Should the plungers be adjusted to they are about the same before paralleling the U-channels are torquing? Or am I misunderstanding something here?

Ignore the plungers, just worry about the U-channels.
    Different bands lengths (within tolerances) and different drum diameters (also within tolerances) is what causes the plungers to be different. It is normal and nothing to worry about.

Thank you. That does make sense.

+ Reply to Thread