Plow questions

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Plow questions

Plow questions

Recently picked up a 2003 max iv in good shape. Planing on putting a snow plow on it. I see max recommends adding the ext. bearings for plowing. Is this needed? I bought and mounted the plow mounts plates from country ATV. They seem pretty rugged and tie both axles togather.
    Also any recommendations on batteries? Would like to upgrade to better battery.

Thanks for any help

I prefer tying both axles together as to installing the front cages. I see the plow plates are discontinued from MAX. I also recommend replacing the cable with a short piece of throw away for plow use. we plow for as much as 5-6 months here and used to ruin a cable or more every year. on my own vehicle I just strap down the deep cycle battery from the boat in rear floor board and connect with short cables to original battery. protect cables from going to ground from rubbing. A trickle charger between use is also a good idea as the winch and lights pull a lot more amps than charging system can provide.

I think the only reason for the wheel extensions was for use with tracks. I also use the Country ATV plow mounts and they can be used either against the body tub or on the wheel extensions.

I spoke with people at country a TV and they recommend putting them away from the tub makes it easy to grease your axles. I just bought one myself. if you do it that way you will need the extensions so that your wheels will fit

+ Reply to Thread