Inside bearing up grade

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Inside bearing up grade

Inside bearing up grade

Hi all, I would like to do an inside bearing upgrade in the spring. I was wondering if it can be done with hollow axels. If so, how would you go about getting the bushings out of the axels? My plan is a frame out clean and inspect. Sand blast and paint frame, new chains and transmission rebuild. Seems like a lot to me. But I think the bearings would be a big improvement. Thanks for any input in advance!

you need to cut the bushing support shaft collars out of the frame to install bearing on the inboard frame rails. the frame rails will not allow 1 1/4" bearings as the frame flanges do not face each other.

Acta non verba

Now that I see the pictures I understand it. Pictures worth a thousand words. Thank you!

+ Reply to Thread