Driven clutch

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Driven clutch

Driven clutch

Currently out of town! Brought my AATVS note book with me! I am working on upgrading a 1980 maxll. As I was reading about the T-20 I see that I may have to change the driven clutch due to the fact that this machine did have a two stroke in it! The 16 Briggs is a teams plant. The driven clutch diameter is 9 7/8". I did measure the opening at the top at 1 15/16. From all that I have reading, both clutches must be for the four stroke. If I am correct would someone please let me down easy!

You are correct that you need a four stroke clutch on the T20 as well.

You could swap springs on your driven clutch rather than buying a 4-stroke one. If you put a red spring in it, it will be almost as good as a 4-stroke one. Slightly different ramp angles, but it will work just fine.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

I've done the spring swap on a couple 2 stroke driven clutches and dont really notice any difference between the 4 stroke and 2 stroke.

I think I will go with a new one from MFG supply. The cost is low and someone may need this two stroke clutch here on the site. At least I know it works as I did drive this machine up on the trailor and into the garage.

+ Reply to Thread