Any Eagle 4x4 owners

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Any Eagle 4x4 owners

Any Eagle 4x4 owners

Looking for Eagle 4x4 atv owners and or any info on these mechanical creatures .

Maybe you should inquire about coot 4x4 owner's also, because they look identical to the eagle.

Thanks 6 wheels have been doing lots of homework the Eagle4x4 seems quite Rare ,
    Last edited by trout; 12-27-2011 at 11:49 AM. Reason: correction

Hi there, i am a recently new owner of an Eagle. I'm having problems with the stupid tecumseh engine. Any ideas on engines that can be bolted in without modifying the seat.

I had an shred with the same engine and slapped in a Briggs 18 with no major mods needed. it was a bit taller but I think if I would have got the low rise air box I may have been ok. The cheapest and easiest option for you would probably be the duromax 16 single cylinder. eBay and harbor freight sell them cheaper than you can get a few parts for that oh160.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

3 years later any new Eagle owners out there?

Here's some info from COOTWORLD:

1 post • Page 1 of 1

The Eagle Story
    There is another odd bird besides the Coot that was ahead of it time. It is the Eagle ATV produced by Standard Engineering in FT. DODGE Iowa. While the two birds share many of the same parts and features. The Eagle distinguishes itself by having a front axle disconnects to improve steering and handling off road when the trails are not that rugged.
    Rich Ross has become the resident expert on the Eagle. When he got his first Eagle he knew nothing about them when he bought it home. Since then he has been compiling information as he goes. He originally found nothing but a picture on the net. Now he has become pretty knowledgeable on Eagles. He started the Eagle forum on Yahoo Groups. So that others which have acquired an Eagle have a place to find information and trade stories, tips and look for help. There were originally thought to be only 200 made in 1970 so there are not many left.
    I do have all the original manuals Rich acquired from the original manufacturer so anyone that needs
    these can contact CootTom. I have digitized, cleaned up and colorized the images and increased the font size for those of us who are optically challenged. I have also posted the engineering drawings to the Yahoo Groups Eagle Forum.
    Thanks to the awesome capabilities of the internet, Rich was able to search for any remnants of Standard Engineering (the company who made the Eagle) He was unbelievably able to tracked down and corresponded with the actual guy who owned the company in 1970! He sold the company 1971, but sent Rich all the info he had including the dealer book, which included the wholesale and retail pricing, warranty requirements, a full service manual and a parts book!
    Rich found out the total EAGLES produced in 1969 were 200. That’s all. With that low of a production run maybe 75 to 100 still exist. This makes the Eagles are a very rare ATV!
    All of the Eagles were sold in 1970. After the sales were complete the company was sold.
    There was one other model that was made which is even rarer with only 15 being produced, the 6 wheel EAGLE T model. This model had 4 wheel drive with 2 wheel steer.
    Note: There is some controversy on the number of Eagles made. One of the Eagle owners tracked down the original engineer and delivery /test driver. Their estimate of total production at between 2000 and 3000 Eagles, all made from 1970 to 1974.

Here is a letter from the original owner of Standard Engineering.
    """"""Standard Engineering Company manufactured and sold 200 Eagle units. The units
    were sold and shipped to the Far East and Alaska. Quite a few of them went to Alaska. I have parts books and would send them to you if you would like them.

I think greatest obstacle to the product sales was the list price of $1850.00. At that time one could purchase a new Beatle V W for $2300.00

Also the market timing.....ATV idea was too much ahead of time when we marketed the Eagle.

We also manufactured a ATV which we called an Eagle T. Stealing idea of Model T. At that time we knew the Company was going to be sold and only built 15 units. We sold all 15 to one customer in
    Ohio. If you would like a picture of the Eagle Model T, let me know. It was really a good and fun machine.

My greatest moment was an inquiry from John Wayne. I volunteered to "give" him an Eagle if I could, but he wanted more.

trout,

I recently acquired an Eagle, S/N 352. Hope to do a complete restoration on it. I am in north central Iowa, not far from where the Eagles were produced. Looking for any tips on restoration. Recently got the Eagle & Coot Manuals from Coot Tom. Good information!

gander

I have one that is in decent shape that I am looking to sell.

There was 1 located in Winchester,Illinois.Havent seen it in awhile,so dont know if he still has it.

+ Reply to Thread