Bilge pump location ?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bilge pump location ?

Bilge pump location ?

Re-wired the bilge pump, 'cuz it wasnt working when i got the machine. I have it working now & since i have it hooked direct to the battery added an "idiot light" so i dont leave it on accidentally and kill the battery. I left it where it was, under the engine, I am now wondering, is this where most people have it ? is this the best place to have it ? Because theoretically the water would have to fill the "chain rails" and spill over the frame, under the engine to be pumped out.. Also, as a side note, if the hose looks a bit "different", the hose that the bilge pump sends the water out through was shot, cracks the full length.. I was looking at it & thought " i have seen something that size in the house recently" so i went on the hunt, & found what i had saw ! The air hose on my CPAP machine (for sleep apnea) uses the exact same size tube ! & i have spares ! So i re-wired my bilge for free with wires stolen from old apliances and my back up breathing tube !
    image.jpgimage.jpg
    "I've yet to encounter a problem that cannot be solved with the right mixture of whiskey and weaponry"
    :ME....

" From my cold dead hands"
    :Charlton Heston...

That is the factory place for bilge pump install. One main reason for a bilge is to keep the belt dry. If wet it will not apply enough power to climb out of the water. I like to place the pump near my belt if possible for that reason. Once I climb out I can pull plugs and clean up.

Quote Originally Posted by msafi65 View Post
    That is the factory place for bilge pump install. One main reason for a bilge is to keep the belt dry. If wet it will not apply enough power to climb out of the water. I like to place the pump near my belt if possible for that reason. Once I climb out I can pull plugs and clean up.

Yup. That about covers it,besides Argos float nose down so that location works better than you would think at first glance.

+ Reply to Thread