I just got a Hustler and I've got questions.

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I just got a Hustler and I've got questions.

No, I have not seen any foot controls or dash controls...don't think you'd want them either, as you tend to bounce around a lot sometimes....easier to hang on to the sticks I guess. Plus, if they were floor mounted you would have to remove them every time you removed the floor pan for cleaning. Another trick I figured out to keep your throttle cable from getting water in it, is that if it is raining or you are trailering your Hustler, get one of those bottle beer Koozie's that zips up, this will fit nicely over your throttle handle and keep it dry and warm!

I will take some pics of my laterals in the next few days.

BTW, here is a thread that has Buffalo Bearings phone # and the part #'s

http://www.6x6world.com/forums/hustl...-bearings.html

And here is a pic of the inner wheel bearings I used, I got them because they were stronger than stock, and then realized later that they had the added benefit of moving the tires out by an inch or so.

hustler rebuild1 001 pictures from outdoors photos on webshots

Don't forget there is a great article about wheel bearing changes on a Max on this site, the sealing procedures are first class and will work great on the Hustler. In addition to silicone you will need some 3M strip caulk, otherwise known as dum-dum. A lot of auto parts stores do not carry this anymore. I found mine at FinishMasters, which is a automotive paint supply house.

BTW, were you aware your Hustler has an I.V. bag on it??
    Hammers should have warning labels.

Hey Mountain,

Sorry for the delay....work's been keeping me busy. I uploaded some shots of the laterals, the first is here.

Hustler 001 pictures from outdoors photos on webshots

I took about five pics. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the pics boncrshr! I think if I can't find some for sale, I can fab them from the pics. Got all the chains off now, gonna replace them. Added a choke cable to augment the primer set up. Looking for a brake cable now. Need to get it off the tires to check out the bearings. Should a guy replace the bearings arbitrairily or if they spin freely leave them alone? Thanks again!

You're welcome...

If it was me, I would replace the bearings. You are already going through the trouble of replacing all of the chains, so this would be even more peace of mind. Also, it gives you the opportunity to properly re-seal the axle flanges. Just my .02.....but for 120 bucks and some elbow grease it is a pretty big bang for the buck.

Yes, I've got to agree.

Hey Mountain,

Just some follow-up...I spoke with the elusive JPSwift on the phone and he does not have any laterals. So that leaves maybe someone on this site and Richard Clark at Route 6x6.

Did you post on this site in the parts wanted section??

Quote Originally Posted by boncrshr View Post

Did you post on this site in the parts wanted section??
    Try what boncrshr posted first. Post in the wanted forum. Not everyone will read this thread and see that you are looking for laterals. That way you have a better chance of getting some cheaper than if you you have to go through a dealer or parts supplier. I'm sure someone on here has a set or at least a set that can be made to work.

Thanks guys, been a while since I've checked the site. Busy.

+ Reply to Thread