Tru Trax - Standard Width on 2017 Argo Frontier 6x6 -- Review

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tru Trax - Standard Width on 2017 Argo Frontier 6x6 -- Review

Tru Trax - Standard Width on 2017 Argo Frontier 6x6 -- Review

All,

I installed my Tru Trax on my Argo this summer, and have now had several trips out to my property located in Dorchester County on the lower eastern shore of Maryland.

I don't have any videos to post (yet) but I wanted to give my review of these tracks based on my personal experience.

Our property consists of heavily flooded, pine forests leading to open brackish marshland. The pines are dying due to red heart disease, so there is constant new dead fall and debris falling into our trails. The forest trails are heavy mud/clay bottoms with up to 4' of water depending on tides, wind, and rain conditions. Hidden below the water and mud, there are tree stumps, logs, and grasses. Top speed with tracks is about 4 mph, which feels like light speed, without tracks, the trails are impassable. Once you hit the marsh, most of the trails are under water, some very, very deep, with the only traction provided by clumps of marsh grass scattered throughout the trails.

Ugly stuff to be sure.

My review is simple. These TRU TRAX work great. They spread the weight of the Argo out better than plain tires, they prevent damage to the tires and wheels from stumps and logs, and gain traction well enough to pull the Argo out of the deep mud once you reach a grass clump or a harder bit of ground.

If you are operating in similar conditions, I cannot recommend these TruTrax enough for you.

The will struggle on ice, and tracks slow down the speed the Argo will "swim" in deep water. Since i rarely encounter these conditions, this isn't a problem for me.

If I can answer any questions, feel free to ask.

Thanks!

Thanks for the insightful review. Sounds like some fun riding conditions.

For anyone with doubts about the effectiveness of TruTrax, here is some footage of my Argo in the flooded pine forests of Dorchester County on Maryland's lower eastern shore.

https://youtu.be/FmUJQXrJGVU

https://youtu.be/t8eXpp_Q284

great place to ride and i can see how the tracks kept you going!! thanks..........johnboy va.

I like the riding area a lot, brackish swamps and lots of obstacles. Very nice place to ride. Tracks are for sure an improvement over tires. Congrats on the combo and keep the videos coming.

Wow! Nasty place! Are you hunting out there somewhere? I see you had your orange vest on....

yes, that is our Sika Deer (actually a Japanese Elk) camp in south Dorchester County, Md. I would love to have the ARGO pms down there so they could truly grasp the need for a "saltwater" package ARGO. All that mud and water has a high salinity concentration. There is also a real challenge with a decent rear rack system.

Quote Originally Posted by fornarog View Post
    yes, that is our Sika Deer (actually a Japanese Elk) camp in south Dorchester County, Md. I would love to have the ARGO pms down there so they could truly grasp the need for a "saltwater" package ARGO. All that mud and water has a high salinity concentration. There is also a real challenge with a decent rear rack system.
    You can get the galvanized chassis and wheels at an extra cost.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

That is a real start.

+ Reply to Thread