max 2 faster in reverse than in forward

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: max 2 faster in reverse than in forward

max 2 faster in reverse than in forward

Why would my max 2 go faster in reverse than in forward?The clutches are working properly and I am pushing the sticks all the way forward.Belt?

Without putting too much thought into this, I think it's a product of different gear ratios internal in the T20. There are two drums per side, each containing a planetary gear set. In one direction you have the sun gear driving the three planet gears which drives the carrier drum. This produces one gear ratio. In the other direction, the sun gear drives the planet gears which then drive the ring gear and spins the ring gear drum. This is a different ratio. In reverse, you are driving the carrier drum, and in forward you are driving the ring gear drum.

If I have this wrong or backwards, someone please correct me.

sounds beautiful to me !! from a knowledgable guy . johnboy va.

ok. It will pick up speed but it takes longer than in reverse. Reverse is instant, Thank you for the answer. I thought I was going to have to spend hours adjusting bands or the cvt belt.

Probably because you have no eyes in the back of your head, reaction time is different, your body is contorted in un natural ways, and you are uncomfortable.

That is unless something internal is wrong, did you have it apart?

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

So, I had to check and see if I was right with the differing ratios, and I am. Since I have a T20 all to pieces I set up two drums and the input shaft for a little test. The ratio between the input shaft and the ring gear drum is 10.25:1 (input turns 10.25 revolutions to the drum's 1 revolution). The ration between the input shaft and the carrier drum is 6:1. If I were smart I could calculate the ratios based on the number of teeth on all the gears.....but I'm not.

+ Reply to Thread