hustler vs, maxII

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: hustler vs, maxII

sixbysix4me ,

If things go well for me finacially in 2009 , I also plan on installing six 13.5 x 12 Vampire , ASX tires, just like jpswift and Don have on their 980 Bigfoot,s. Those ASX tires sure look sweet on a Bigfoot. I do plan on posting pictures and video,s of the build up this coming summer. My friend wildtexasranger and I have already built a custom wrap around band out of 3/16 angle iron.

Smile 13.5 Vampire tires

Quote Originally Posted by mudbug3 View Post
    sixbysix4me ,

If things go well for me finacially in 2009 , I also plan on installing six 13.5 x 12 Vampire , ASX tires, just like jpswift and Don have on their 980 Bigfoot,s. Those ASX tires sure look sweet on a Bigfoot. I do plan on posting pictures and video,s of the build up this coming summer. My friend wildtexasranger and I have already built a custom wrap around band out of 3/16 angle iron.
    Mudbug, Will you have enough clearance from the body without using extensions? I will look fabulous!

Heres the story.....

I went with a 94 Max II 16hp. Simply because of closer location. Had I had the time to drive twice the distance it would have been the hustler hands down. I had already found three that were in good shape but sold quick. I had certain criteria that I wanted to meet with my decision the main one being that my wife and nine year old daughter would enjoy it. Seeee, now they have something that they can ride in when they come with me and our six year old son when we go riding our quads. (and Dad can play with it during deer season, finding a honey fishing hole, or any other time that they are not using it.) Also the Max II met some others as well. Like, roll bar, windshield, winch etc. and is in good shape, and I felt I got a fair deal. When the guy started it, it was -2 degrees with winds up to 55 mph snow and ice, and it started right up. A good going over with some needed maintenance and I think I'll have a decent machine. Besides, I like tinkering with stuff like this anyway. Now between you, me, and the fencepost, had I been getting this for me alone............It would have been the 500 superchief listed in the classifieds on here recently. Price was right, and I would have drove. Just my choice. Thanks for everyones input.

West Central Louisiana near Toledo Bend Reservoir
    Great,Superclyde,
    Welcome to the world of amphibious riding.Have you ever owned an amphib of any kind?The hustler 950 I have is my second one I previously owned a Max IV and I must say that I am happy for you no matter WHAT you drive.A couple words of warning though First whatever you do,if you decide to put a skid plate on it be sure to contour it to the bottom of the tub(if you build it yourself)or buy one from the factory(preformed)I built a flat one from aluminum and was stuck in places that I drive the 950 right through.No fault of the machine,just didn't realize that the small area between the chain channels was that big of a deal...WRONG!
    Second :are you,like me,a(ssshhh don't say this to loud)a 4x4 owner.WOW you do realize that driving an amphib(even once)can be very detrimental to your relationship with your(ssshhh make sure nobody is watching)4x4.Read my post "the Ultimate Insult".Anyway I believe this:no matter what amphib you start out with,once you get a taste of it no other recreational atv can compare to these things.

+ Reply to Thread