Salsbury Clutch off ebay Mystery ?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Salsbury Clutch off ebay Mystery ?

Salsbury Clutch off ebay Mystery ?

I bough a salsbury off ebay last week and it had no model number but i found a stamp on the back 126606 E.G. on the back is the only marks, But this clutch is huge about inches dia and the sheaves are tightly closed, No way this will operate like a normal primary iam used to seeing and using, Does anyone know what it is use for the seller had no idea either apprently. item number of the listing is 200304661197

I havent tried it yet as dont see a reason to, simply becuase i would never get my belt on, I need a clutch to fit my OH16 tecumseh 1" keyed shaft.

Thanks
    Don
    BC

Hello,
    I would say its stuck or put together wrong or maybe has a broken spring. There is no way it would work that way? Something may be simple to fix. May still be good? I have had clutchs go to far and get stuck like that. CAREFULLY try prying apart. Not only carefull for damaging but also it will snap hard if it pops back. Keep fingers clear away.
    good luck
    Larry
    Last edited by LarryW; 02-11-2009 at 11:40 PM.

I'm not familiar with that clutch, but some will "Lock" if the sheave is pushed ALL the way open, but while it looks like a primary, his auction SAYS it's a Driven clutch. If that's correct then it's not what your looking for anyway. You can try pushing the sheaves open and see if it snaps open, but be CAREFUL not to get between the sheave and clutch cover as you do so, or it will HURT BAD. If it springs back closed, then it is indeed a driven.

Larry, you beat me
    Last edited by 6X6; 02-11-2009 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Came in 2nd
    Attex 295 Wild Wolf: My Runner
    Attex 252? Colt? Racer 80%: My Racer to be..... SOMEDAY
    Attex Super Chief - Sold.

Quote Originally Posted by 6X6 View Post

Larry, you beat me
    That may be true but.. I didnt notice it did say driven!!! That explains it all.

That's the same clutch Attex used on the Tomahawk, but it would have to be a 7/8" bore. They're a great driven clutch for a four-stroke- maybe you can use a bushing?
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Apperntly the seller says a driven clutch means secondary, never knew this until today, what waste of time it was, I tried prying it open and it snaps back closed, i worked on alot of old sleds and stuff over my 30 years on this planet and never seen a secondary like this!

the thing that pisses me of is i asked this guy i needed a primary to fit my crankshaft and asked him to measure it for me, Its fits perfectly on my crank so i didn't even think different, even looks like a primary, Oh well you live and learn i guess, so much for trying out my 8x8 this weekend i just rebuilt! rats!

Thanks all you guys
    Don
    BC

Yup, thats a speed sensing (as apposed to torque sensing) secondary. I have one that came off a t20 I pulled out of an old attex. I just learned the terminology from a salisbury clutch manual someone posted on here just recently.

+ Reply to Thread