t20 noises

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: t20 noises

t20 noises

When i turn hard to the left the transmission makes a popping noise,it also does this in reverse and it is hard to get it in gear.Any suggestion would be very much appreciated

Are you sure it's the transmission making the noise? I would guess it was either the chains, adjusters, or the jackshafts. Is this a Max II or IV?

Mike, that would be my guess too. Loose chains. I would also check the bolts that secure the t-20 to the frame. My MaxIV had the transmission mounting bolts come loose which would torque the t-20 and make the chain jump a tooth or so on the sprocket. Turning puts alot of force on the drive train. I would also check all the idle sprockets.

I checked the shifter plungers,one was hard to turn so i took it out and the plunger pin was missingand the transmission was low on fluid,every thing is working good now.Thank for the info.

T20 question

I want to thank every one for the help and support.It seems like i'm having one problem after another,I guess this is to be exspected from a used machine that was not properly maintenanced.That is probably why i got it so cheap.The reverse is only pulling on the right side,I tried to find an article about this problem.Any suggestion.Once i get a couple of little bugs out of it i will have a good machine.

t20 problem

Try pulling out the diamond shift lever. The pin may be broken off the bottom of it. That could be your problem. They're about 20 - 30 bucks. Good Luck

another t20 question

I'm only pulling on right side in reverse,any suggestions.I want to THANK every one for the help and support.

i would pull the left side diamond shifter and look at the condition of the shift pin. with the shifter out, you can use a screwdriver to move the shift collar. fire it up and see if it goes. if not replace the shifter or shift pin
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

+ Reply to Thread