Scammers

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Scammers

Scammers

I dont now for sure but these sound like scams to me and wanted people here to know.
    I got email other day.

He sent....

Hi mate

I'm Gary Hicks and I saw your ad. I have the requested item/ parts to offer. Kindly shoot me a mail if you still need parts as I have to offer.
    Thanks.

Dave..
    12 Chester, 5WU 6TL, England.
    +447035974913

Notice above says Gary, but signed on bottome Dave???

Ok I sent......

Yea I still need parts. Where you see my ad? I forgot I had one.

He sent.......

Hi.

Thanks for the mail. You ad was placed on atvswapmeet.com Wanted Ad section. We are currently parting a Scrambler 6x6 amphibious. What parts are you after?? Kindly send a list of parts you need for details and prices. I can also ship parts via UPS. Whats your address? Phone contact??

Thanks.

Gary
    12 Chester, 5WU 6TL,United Kingdom
    +447035974913

I sent to.....

I need the drive unit main shaft with brakes/clutches.

Send me pictures and I'll go from there

Ok, then today, another one outta blue.......

I am Brian Cohen from London,UK,i came across your advert on website that you are in need of the above subject stated,i just want to used this little words of mine to let you know that i have it for sale,and still in a good condition, if you need some pics of the item i can send them to you once i heard from you so we can bargain price and i will need your complete address for shipping purpose, please i only need a serious buyer and i do accept check payment ,international money order and western union money transfer,MoneyGram money Transfer and paypal and also let me know what method of payment you prefer..You can call me on +447024057349 or send me an email for further discussion

Be Warned, just incase!!! Dont give out any info. I probably shouldnt have responded to first one....

Cool Heads Up!

Thanks Larry!!
    Still want a KID

That's certainly a scam. Thanks for letting everyone know.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Smile scum

Good job larryw

Once I hear "Western Union" it's over.

West Central Louisiana near Toledo Bend Reservoir
    Thanks for the heads up.

Wouldn't it be great if there was a button you could push that would send a humongous brick flying out of this guys comp screen and said brick would smack him right between tha eyes.

Wouldn't it also be great if telemarketers phones were equipped with a device that if you didn't want them to call you again, you pushed a button, which caused a hand to fly out of their headset and slap em right across tha mouth. Bet we could get taken off their call list tha FIRST frikkin time we told em huh.

Quote Originally Posted by brushcutter View Post
    Thanks for the heads up.

Wouldn't it be great if there was a button you could push that would send a humongous brick flying out of this guys comp screen and said brick would smack him right between tha eyes.

Wouldn't it also be great if telemarketers phones were equipped with a device that if you didn't want them to call you again, you pushed a button, which caused a hand to fly out of their headset and slap em right across tha mouth. Bet we could get taken off their call list tha FIRST frikkin time we told em huh.
    That is hilarious!!! lol

"I am Brian Cohen from London,UK,i came across your advert on website that you are in need of the above subject stated,i just want to used this little words of mine to let you know that i have it for sale,and still in a good condition, if you need some pics of the item i can send them to you once i heard from you so we can bargain price and i will need your complete address for shipping purpose, please i only need a serious buyer and i do accept check payment ,international money order and western union money transfer,MoneyGram money Transfer and paypal and also let me know what method of payment you prefer..You can call me on +447024057349 or send me an email for further discussion"

the last post was almost covincing. They have such a way with words. NOT!! I want to use these little words of mine to say I can't believe people would even dream of sending money to these people.
    Last edited by chapy; 05-05-2009 at 05:39 AM.

ok, last email I got, I asked for pictures. He replied............

"thanks for your email,i have attached a Pics of my Amphibious 6 wheelers for you to see am selling the whole Amphibious 6 wheelers as parts,so please give the list of the parts you want,as soon as i hear from you,i will call my mechanic to pull out the parts out,and i will need to know your home address to calculate the shipping cost to your doorstep,and i will package and i will ship to your doorstep,and i will forward you with the shipping tracking details,thanks is nice to hear from you soon"

Then he had attachment of the attex lil truck on ebay. How do you report these people?

Side note, toying, lol. This time I replied.........

"Cool, are the muffler bearings good? I really need them!!!!

Thanks"

Cant wait to see if there good or not, lol.
    Last edited by LarryW; 05-05-2009 at 09:57 PM. Reason: I added my last reply

ALOT of scams for many different phishing spots originate from the U.K.
    As far as reporting them; My e-mail service provides a directory to report messages as phishing scams. I also move them to a file on a seperate disk.
    And like others I send a message back that indirectly (or directly) lets them know that I know it's a scam and they are busted in my book. Sending a message won't jeopardize anything as long as you don't include your personal info. I use a free email service (hotmail.com) just for communications as this. That way there is no real connection with my personal info, and I can create a different account at any time and cancel this one.
    Also, in these phishing scams you'll notice that the jerks are really poor at writing skills and grammer. The spelling can be quite entertaining too. Also big signs.
    Last edited by Jeff t-boss; 05-06-2009 at 03:01 PM.
    It's all just nuts and bolts.

+ Reply to Thread