T-20 problems

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: T-20 problems

T-20 problems

Well finished my 4 stroke conversion on the crazy colt. Took it out for a trip and ran into a problem. When i first start it up and go to take off the trans works fine. Then when i shift it to another position (forward or reverse) the left side does not engage. Then it doesnt matter if i put it in forward or reverse the left side does not work. Does anyone have any ideas on what im going to have to do? Thanks in advance.

Check to see if the diamond shifter is all the way forward/backward. Sometimes one will not pop in when shifting. A quick up/down motion to the shifter might help.
    Banned

Just to add to what George said, If the shifter does look like it is moving correctly, make sure that the pin on the end of the diamond shifter is actually sitting in the groove of the shift collar inside the T20. You'll have to pull it out to check but it should only take a few minutes to do.

So i have to take the snap right out and it just pulls up? Anything i will have to make sure doesnt fly out ive never worked on a t-20 or had it apart Thanks for the reply's

t -20

no nothing should fly out. Make sure all the pin on the bottom of the diamond shifter is there mine was worn /shifts alot better now. JUST adding to the great info the other members gave you. good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Just to add to what George said, If the shifter does look like it is moving correctly, make sure that the pin on the end of the diamond shifter is actually sitting in the groove of the shift collar inside the T20. You'll have to pull it out to check but it should only take a few minutes to do.
    We are having a shiftng problem on our Max lV, I need to know how to do this: "make sure that the pin on the end of the diamond shifter is actually sitting in the groove of the shift collar inside the T20. You'll have to pull it out to check but it should only take a few minutes to do"

How is the shift diamond pulled from the T20?
    Thanks much!

Remove the retainer plate (2 bolts)

Then you can just pull the diamond shifter straight up and out of the T20.
    The how-to section has some more detailed photos and instructions. That's where I got this picture.

Hibuddy.To remove the shifter plungers,remove the hold down brackets then the plungers should pull right out.If not then twist back and forth while pulling up on them.When replacing them put a little grease around the o ring, it will help them shift better.

Good timing Mike.

plungers

Very unlikely with a Max IV, but if by chance the T20 is an older one without the retainer plate, there is a snap ring just above the plunger, remove that and it will pull out as mentioned.
    old school hustler
    02 superhawk

+ Reply to Thread