no speed

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: no speed

trans

I haven't been able to locate any fnr trans. on ebay are anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by biggus View Post
    I haven't been able to locate any fnr trans. on ebay are anywhere else.
    Here is an example of what Im talking about. This has H,L,N,R. It is also for a 4x4 so there is an extra output for running a jetpump, prop.... You dont really need the 4x4, it was just cheapest one I found. Dont buy a "buy it now" , just be patient and you could get them for like $50 plus shipping. Not a expert but polaris trail blazer are fnr and trail boss are HLNR and both are 2wd to help you search.

POLARIS 350L 4X4 TRANSMISSION GEARCASE LOOK NR #23:eBay Motors (item 220428215197 end time Jun-14-09 10:21:22 PDT)

I can help out with the seals. There are 3 different seal sizes for the trans. The brake block cylinders are one size and the steering slave and master were the same on the early machines. I think the steering slave were changed when they went to the square block. Do you have the square steering slave block or round?
    I also purchased a Polaris trans for a similar retrofit. All the ATV fnr trans have a built in reduction and will effect the overall performance of the vehicle. I don't think the scrambler dry clutch will handle the extra torque from the Polaris trans. The Scramblers dry clutch is on the high speed side of the overall gear reduction and the surface area and spring pressure are calculated for that. I have installed a t-20 in my race scrambler that works well but its a lot of effort to install.

seals

I have the square steering slave blocks.Also would like to know what kinds of brake pads for steering would work and where to find them.I have heard the pads are glued on,if true what is best glue for them so no chance of them coming off?

+ Reply to Thread