Hydrotraxx question?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hydrotraxx question?

B.M. You crack me up. yes you are right.

I too are considering the hydrotraxx.

I looked at the hydratrek. Nicely built but i just don't know.

The Hydra looks like a 6 wheeled terrajet, but with little cargo room.

I always worry about tire/track wear on any amphib atv when used on gravel roads, to which there are plenty around here.

Not as much ground clearance as a terrajet either.

I'm getting tired of even the new argo chain drives. Especially when it's below 0 deg C outside.

I find most argos get high centered far too easily. One can't exactly rock an Amphib side to like a normal atv.

I tired the hoot for a few days. However it's ability to float is greatly exaggerated. I'm 6'1 240lbs and i just about sunk it.

The avenger is nice but too costly. Especially in Canada.

I prefer the amphibs. However there has been little to improve the not so good design aspects over the years.

Hydraulic drive sounds nice. However i doubt it will work well in the cold without some sort of heating element. I have to heat the hydraulics on my very small back hoe before i can use it. I wonder what the hydrotraxx will require.

There is also the idea that not every one are weekend warriors and use their atv several times a day. That's a-lot more wear that a one week per year trip (cumulative time wise).

The cost of running is much higher as well.
    Last edited by cobalt; 06-12-2009 at 04:15 PM.

Hi Cobalt.
    Any anphib can be high-centered, but once you get used to picking a line that suites the machine you'll find it happens rarely. I've never tried to rock an 8X8 out of a stuck but at 140lbs I've freed my 6x6 many a times. I have seen other argo owners rocking out their 8x8s. The Mudd-Ox's roll bar will make it much easier to do so, too. There are Alaskan members with Mudd-Oxes (Hydraulic, like the HydroTraxx) and Ive seen no posts about problems with the hydrolics.
    Attex 295 Wild Wolf: My Runner
    Attex 252? Colt? Racer 80%: My Racer to be..... SOMEDAY
    Attex Super Chief - Sold.

+ Reply to Thread