Belt change on a Terra Tiger?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Belt change on a Terra Tiger?

Belt change on a Terra Tiger?

I just got a Terra Tiger and was wondering how does a person install a new drive belt on one of these? Looks very labor intensive.
    Toyman's AATV Toys;

Max IV
    Project Muscateer (trans. rebuild)
    Previously owned AATVs; Terra Tiger, pair of MaxIIs and Attex 450 Tomahawk, Hustler

it is a bit of a project, you have to remove the jackshaft. while you are doing it, put 2 belts on there. tie one off with sip ties the the left side steering control. that way next time you need to change belts, you just cut the old one and pull it out and slide the new one into position. if you pm me your email i can send you a pdf of the owners, and service manuals
    enjoy your new tiger!
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

removing clutch shaft

Not as hard as it looks. Remove motor chain cover and hood scoop and take belt off engine clutch. Loosen lock collars on brgs. Unhook steering rods, chains and brake cable. Now remove 3 bolts from brg. flanges and remove outer plate on outside body, each side. Now tap the brgs inward on each side of shaft. Also remove 2 bolts from each side holding steering pivot & brake units. Then move shaft assembly it to one side, so one end lifts out and then remove out rear or top. We have left motor in also, just a little harder working around it. Any questions let us know.

Smile pdf owners and servic manuals

Quote Originally Posted by racerone3 View Post
    it is a bit of a project, you have to remove the jackshaft. while you are doing it, put 2 belts on there. tie one off with sip ties the the left side steering control. that way next time you need to change belts, you just cut the old one and pull it out and slide the new one into position. if you pm me your email i can send you a pdf of the owners, and service manuals
    enjoy your new tiger!
    racerone3 could i get a pdf of the manuals also my email is bone65200214733@yahoo.com im a new terra owner also thans steve nalbone

Manuals

Quote Originally Posted by racerone3 View Post
    enjoy your new tiger!
    Thanks for the info. I'd appreciate your offer of the pdf. toyman_1957@yahoo.com
    Toyman's AATV Toys;

Max IV
    Project Muscateer (trans. rebuild)
    Previously owned AATVs; Terra Tiger, pair of MaxIIs and Attex 450 Tomahawk, Hustler

+ Reply to Thread