Muscateer

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Muscateer

Smile musky

Quote Originally Posted by 6X6 View Post
    Just thinking out loud, but maybe a lockout is possible that would prevent the petal from being pressed when the stick is in forward or reverse, just some simple linkage that moves maybe a keyed plate past the petal, a tab on the foot petal's lever that will hit the plate, but pass through the notch while stick is centered, would stop accidental forward AND reverse commands. As a bonus, while the petal was down, the tab in the notch would also stop the lever from moving Forward or back. I've never seen one in person, so I don't know how easy or hard this would be, but I would expect it should be do-able, maybe?
    Come visit,,,,,,,

Lockout/Black Box

Quote Originally Posted by 6X6 View Post
    Just thinking out loud, but maybe a lockout is possible that would prevent the petal from being pressed when the stick is in forward or reverse, just some simple linkage that moves maybe a keyed plate past the petal, a tab on the foot petal's lever that will hit the plate, but pass through the notch while stick is centered, would stop accidental forward AND reverse commands. As a bonus, while the petal was down, the tab in the notch would also stop the lever from moving Forward or back. I've never seen one in person, so I don't know how easy or hard this would be, but I would expect it should be do-able, maybe?
    I've considered this as it would be nice in the perfect world. Engineering and incorporating it is more than I'm ready for at this time.

I opened up the "Mysterious Black transmission box" today to do some CSI.
    It was about what I figured I'd see. Ooohtels of chains & sprockets bathed in oil. Clutch plates pressed against six sprockets all on a single shaft. With this each of these individual sprockets has it's own clutch. Looking at just one side or half of the trans. you have a low gear, high gear & reverse sprocket. I found the low speed clutches on mine to be delaminated from the clutch disk. Hence the reason I was not getting good results with slow turning. I was having to engage the good working rear gear clutchs to turn well. Now I need to know how to remove this shaft to rebuild the clutches. Looks like a whole lott'a work. Somebody please give me the play by play on how to do this! falboa please chime in! I could use a coach right about now.
    Toyman's AATV Toys;

Max IV
    Project Muscateer (trans. rebuild)
    Previously owned AATVs; Terra Tiger, pair of MaxIIs and Attex 450 Tomahawk, Hustler

+ Reply to Thread