engine swap help

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: engine swap help

Terra Tiger engine swap help

i just got a second terra tiger in ok shape, less engine. i rebuild lawn equipment on the side so i have some old briggs stuff laying around. i was thinking of throwing one of them in it, but i'm not sure if the clutch will work. the stock JLO turns a lot more rpm than a 4 stroke. do they take a different clutch to engage at the lower rpm? thanks for the help!
    Last edited by Mike; 10-21-2007 at 01:22 PM.

on the clutches, i know i'll need to put a different one on the engine, but what about the one on the jack shaft? it will have to end up in the same rpm range right? if the vehicle speed ends up roughly the same will the driven clutch need to be changed?

The driven clutch (the one on the jack shaft) will have to get changed, or the spring inside that clutch will need to be changed. If it is anything like the one that is used on the T-20, you could call Recreatives Industries who makes the Maxes in Buffalo, NY and they could sell you one. I didnt change the two stroke clutch and swapped a Briggs in a Max some years back and it wouldnt drive correctly.
    Amphibious Six-Wheel Drive All-Terrain Vehicles: MaxATVs - Call 1-800-255-2511
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

that's what i was afraid of... wishfull thinking on my part. i attached a pic of the shaft and clutch in question and it looks like a pain in the butt to change. by the way swift, my dad drove my other terra tiger today, and now i have to look for a machine for him as well as for a hustler for me! he was turning doughnuts in the back yard with a big stupid grin!
    Attached Images

That looks like a mystery to me. Talk to forum member Mark M. He has a really nice Terra Tiger that he did a totally custom build on and he dropped a 23HP Briggs Vanguard in it. He might be able to help you out with your 4 stroke clutch issue. And Im glad your dad is now hooked on 6 wheelers, now you can see first hand how this hobby infects people.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

+ Reply to Thread