Newbie with an 8x8 broken rotor

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Newbie with an 8x8 broken rotor

Newbie with an 8x8 broken rotor

Hello Argo enthusiasts,

I just signed-on to 6x6 world.

I've been doing a rebuild of an Argo 8x8 that came without papers, but I think it's about a 1997. It had been full of water, so I spent many nights freeing the chains, which are are fine now. I finally got the Kohler 18 running this month.

The last of my problems are very seized brakes, which need rebuilding. I have them off the rotors and the drive train spins well.

Also, one rotor is missing about a half inch off the edge, so I probably need to find a replacement, although it does pass through the brake calipers.

My questions:
    1. Can a bad mechanic like me remove the clutch and broken rotor without too much dissambly? I am sooo tired of feeling like a diving duck , working upside-down through that small engine hood opening when I replaced a wheel bearing.

2. Does someone know a source for the rotor?

3. Can I find replacement seal kit for the brakes? I local motorcycle shop mechanic said he might do the rebuilding work.

Anyhow, I would be glad to hear from anyone.
    thanks,
    Frank
    Last edited by Mike; 10-12-2009 at 09:59 PM. Reason: couldn't read the black letters ;)

The Argo dealer will have the brake rebuild kit and post up your serial number maybe someone can tell you the year.. I have a 88 8x8 and it also has the 18 kohler so don't think its a 97.

+ Reply to Thread