1969 argo 6x6

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1969 argo 6x6

1969 argo 6x6

i have a 1969 argo 6x6 and i need to find some parts for, but im not having much luck, i dont know what model it is, it has the kohler 2stroke motor in it the 399cc or 400cc, i need to know what the axle shafts are because a bearing went out on one and i need to fix it, i just need some help for finding parts or finding parts from newer models that may work also. anything is appreaciated thanks, jake

Hi Jake, I'm not familiar with that old of machine but if you type in what you want in the search area there should be something in there you can use.

what are the axle shafts called with the sprockets welded to them, im being told that the machine is mostly snowmobile parts, because im gonna need the rear axle shaft that goes inside the machine, and i dont if theres another name for it or if its just an axle shaft or not, im pretty sure the argo i have is an old frontier but im not sure cause it has been repainted over the orange so all of the stickers are painted over

Are you sure it's an ARGO brand ? (this would be my first question) wasn't there one called an amphicat back in those days ?

If it's an argo then you should be able to find a parts manual. Go to their web sight and send them your questions. Just do like I did with my 1990 I told them I was jacking up the spark plug and building around it. They must have known how many parts I was gonna need because they're still kissing my ass.

Post some pics if you can.

does it look like this one ?

no its an argo ill post a link of the exact same one forsale online and you can take a look at it 1973 Argo/Amphibious 6 Wheeler , it looks just like this one but no roll bars, i dont have any pics of mine yet

but mine is a 1969

Check this out. Maybe you could check with this member to see if he found a manual

http://www.6x6world.com/forums/argo-...ir-manual.html

In the mean time here's what I found on the net

Welcome to Richard's Relics Parts for ATV's

This is where I reached out to the manufaturer. A rep from head office called me on the phone the next day.

Amphibious Vehicles - Amphibious ARGO ATV, ARGO AATV, ARGO All Terrain Vehicle

A whole slew of parts manuals......

Argo Parts Manuals

Quote Originally Posted by jake_v_03 View Post
    i have a 1969 argo 6x6 and i need to find some parts for, but im not having much luck, i dont know what model it is, it has the kohler 2stroke motor in it the 399cc or 400cc, i need to know what the axle shafts are because a bearing went out on one and i need to fix it, i just need some help for finding parts or finding parts from newer models that may work also. anything is appreaciated thanks, jake
    6x6World member Egoperf in Grand Island, NY has tons of new old stock Kohler 2 stroke parts if you're interested. Tell him I sent you and he'll help you out.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

oh alright thanks!

+ Reply to Thread