Argo Avenger Update

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Argo Avenger Update

Argo Avenger Update

Hello everyone and Happy New Year.

I though I would give you all an up date on my first post on my Avenger on 10/25.
    I first called a good friend who is the Kohler rep. Then took the Argo to a shop where another good friend works. I actually had both these guys working for me at one time.
    The rep calls Kohler and tells them engine has no throttle response, back fires, won’t idle when cold, loosing antifreeze and won’t start when warm. So here is the just of it.
    First rebuild a new carb. Don’t change. Get new carb from Kohler. Don’t change.
    Kohler orders new tests, fuel flow and pressure. All good, however find fan shroud is broke on back side radiator and is loose and moving around. Get new radiator. My friend calls and says he is stumped. Calls next day and tells me that he took wet shop towels
    And covers up the cold air intake on the fan side and got the engine op to 170 degrees and it runs great. Kohler sends new thermostat no help. Kohler says it is Argo design problem. Kohler and Argo discuss problem. Kohler admits to having a thermostat problem. I am told that the new replacement thermostat doesn’t exist. Two days later the rep friend calls says he was sent a proto type only one in the world, they should throw it away it didn’t work .Actually runs cooler than original. Next thing I know I get a call from rep saying Kohler is sending another carb, this time the carb with an accelerator pump and fully adjustable I wasn’t sure it would solve problem but dam happy to get this carb $400.00 dollars for that carb. And it did solve well not really, more like hide the true problem of running to cool. Rep tells me Kohler says to warn me about why they stopped using this carb. Basically boils down to owner neglect or a lack of knowledge. With an accelerator pump (so called) dirt sand or other debris can cause problems. Kohler must have had to repair or replace to many of them. Maintenance is the key. Still working on starting problem.
    I have to say the carb made a world of difference total throttle response instance power and according to GPS 2.6 mph faster. Best $400 I never spent. I would recommend doing this to any one. Actual dealer cost is about 250, retail is right at 400. carb # is in my other post
    Last edited by Mike; 12-30-2007 at 02:29 PM.

Bodatt, good to hear that everything finally got sorted out for you!

Just so you know, I tried to merge your two posts together to keep everything organized but for some reason it deleted both of them. Luckily I was able to save this thread with a recovery but your first thread posted in October is now gone. Sorry about that.

Thats ok and thanks for trying

+ Reply to Thread