Plastic welding...

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Plastic welding...

Plastic welding...

I found a bunch of good info at the Plastic Fabricator magazine website Here on welding and repairing plastic... wanted to add it to links or articles page on body repair but didn't see a good place to put the link...

Also went by Plastic Depot store here in town to get some info. Did find out that HDPE and PP have to be welded because they are chemically resistant plastics hence why they are often used for chemical, fuel tanks etc... I am looking at getting a hot air welder, I have a nice airless welder and a couple of good heat guns but the heat guns don't move much air compared to what the professional lines seem to do. did a little practice this evening with my heat guns and welding...

Looking at possibly getting a hot air welder that can hook to compressor or nitrogen tank...
    2000 Land Tamer with Tracks.

Hey guys,

On the HDPE welding, there are several different ways to weld.. where I work we use Hot Plate welding. (We make complete fuel systems for the auto industry.) The big 3 things when hot plate welding are temperature, time on iron (both pieces), and force pressure. All those depend on the makeup of the HDPE and its thickness of both pieces being welded. I've had allot of practice as I used to work in the prototype cell and all welds and cuts where done by hand.

+ Reply to Thread