Hustler Bearings arrived!

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hustler Bearings arrived!

Hustler Bearings arrived!

I just received the bearings. They are both made by KML. The inners are UC 205-16's with the 2 bolt flange plate. The outers are HC 206-19's with eccentric collars. Here is a question: What is the nub on the outer bearings casing? The old ones I removed look like it was knocked off or removed. Is it used to align the bearing into the indention on the flange plate where the grease fitting is? See picture...thanks.

Change 1: I just realized it is the anti-rotation pin. How does it work in the flange rings?

what was the price for all the bearings and where did you order them from? I need to do the same on my 950 resto.. May have to hit up richard for new front sprockets as mine are totally rusted. looks like machine was left with water in the front end lower than rear....
    2000 Land Tamer with Tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by soutthpaw View Post
    what was the price for all the bearings and where did you order them from? I need to do the same on my 950 resto.. May have to hit up richard for new front sprockets as mine are totally rusted. looks like machine was left with water in the front end lower than rear....
    I got the bearings and the 2 bolt flange plates from Pillow Block Bearing Ball Bearing Disc Harrow Bearing Roller Chain V-Belts Radial Ball Bearings
    I got the 3 bolt flange plates with the grease fittings from KSCdirect.com: Industrial, Plumbing & Electrical MRO
    It was about $200.00 for everything to include shipping.

I dry fitted the outer bearing into the 3 bolt flange plate but I am still not sure how it all goes together. Do I need to remove the anti-rotation pin (see picture above)? Does it pull out because I do not see how it will all fit together with the pin on the bearing. Also, I am guessing from watching the "Max II Axle Bearing" How to article that the grease channel (ring side) goes under the zerk fitting and therefore the eccentric collar will be on the outside of the tub? The reason I ask is because the previous owner had them with the eccentric collar on the inside of the tub. Which seems wrong. Please advise...
    Al

my hustler also had the collar on the inside, but i put it back together with them out, both for easier access, and to line up better with the grease fitting. whenever i have run up on the "anti-rotation pin" and it caused an issue for things fitting together, i just knock it off with a file, or air grinder
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by racerone3 View Post
    my hustler also had the collar on the inside, but i put it back together with them out, both for easier access, and to line up better with the grease fitting. whenever i have run up on the "anti-rotation pin" and it caused an issue for things fitting together, i just knock it off with a file, or air grinder
    Yea the only way to line up the grease channel under the grease fitting on the flange is to remove the pin. With the grease channel on the zerk flange plate side then the collar will be outside the tub. So that is what I will do unless someone can convince me before tomorrow night...

Quote Originally Posted by soutthpaw View Post
    Hey soutthpaw, are your sprockets rusted all the way through? if not and their just rusted on the inside like my attex sprockets were, I just took a small engine hone and ran it through the sprockets a few times taking out all of the rust in it and then cleaned them up with steel wool real good in the parts washer, put a quick coat of paint on the outside of them to keep the outside from rusting again and made sure to put alot of anti-seize or never-seize in them before installing them back in the attex. Don't know if this will work for you, but it worked really good for me.

+ Reply to Thread