alternate battery location

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: alternate battery location

alternate battery location

where is a good place to relocate the battery in my argo?i cut the stupid battery box out from under the hood so theres no going back.

cheers

Just grab a low profile battery with side post conectors and throw it under the Gas Tank. Try to get a good Battery Box to put it in. Personally, I'm not crazy about the idea but several friends have theirs this way and like it.

i was looking at the space under the gas tank rock doctor,but thought it might be a potential bomb.so its either going under the tank or just behind the tank.can i use a small car battery with my 15 amp charging system?was looking at 450 cold cranking amp batterys in parts source today.they had thin ones but will look at some short ones.

cheers.

Sure, you can run any size battery with the small amp output we have.

The avenger and frontier moved the battery into the gas tank area, and made a smaller gas tank. Not something I would have thought about doing..
    To Invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk. (Thomas Edison)

What RD said, i have done an Optima red top they are non spillable so i laid it on its back and tucked it under the tank works great and makes everything tidy'er, not to mention goin out and not having to worry about a lawnmower battery goin dead ever again lol
    '99 Conquest 104hp turbocharged intercooled EFI Chevy Sprint conversion
    "Argo 8x8's only" type of guy
    "old school Argo expert"

ok guys,sounds good.will pick up a battery this week.

+ Reply to Thread