Split T-20 Electric Motor Idea

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Split T-20 Electric Motor Idea

Split T-20 Electric Motor Idea

Hello,

I read you can split the T-20 and run each side separately.

Would it be possible to mount each side to the end of an electric motor? I could have the adapter plates and shafts machined to fit.

I'm not real familiar with the T-20 as I have an Argo. Any thoughts?

If you wanted to install 2 electric motors, would you still want the t-20? You could use the motors like the transmission and do away with the T-20.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeman View Post
    If you wanted to install 2 electric motors, would you still want the t-20? You could use the motors like the transmission and do away with the T-20.
    I want to use only one electric motor with output shafts on both ends. Each half of the T-20 would be mounted to the end of the motor.

Btw, what is the gear ratio of the T-20?

Thankswarp-9-electric-motor.png.jpg
    Last edited by Tinodesis; 12-25-2010 at 08:20 PM. Reason: add picture

Quote Originally Posted by Tinodesis View Post
    Hello,

I read you can split the T-20 and run each side separately.

Would it be possible to mount each side to the end of an electric motor? I could have the adapter plates and shafts machined to fit.

I'm not real familiar with the T-20 as I have an Argo. Any thoughts?
    Yes you can! It has been done before on the Hustler Wingit sprayer, which was used for farm and industrial spraying in wet, swampy areas. They had each side at the far left and far right sides of the machine. It worked pretty well from what I hear. I posted some more information on it here a few years back if you do a search for Hustler Wingit or Wing It sprayer. There should be a link for the blueprints of the machine as well.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Quote Originally Posted by Tinodesis View Post
    I want to use only one electric motor with output shafts on both ends. Each half of the T-20 would be mounted to the end of the motor.

Btw, what is the gear ratio of the T-20?

ThanksAttachment 6133
    I've got the specs on it, but I'll have to dig up the brochure......as soon as I find it I'll let you know.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Quote Originally Posted by jpswift1 View Post
    I've got the specs on it, but I'll have to dig up the brochure......as soon as I find it I'll let you know.
    Thanks jp,

I found your info on the T-20 history .

Using one half of the trans on an electric motor might work well. You could run a drive shaft to a differential for a compact drivetrain.

T

Glad to help. That would probably work just fine. I'll do some asking around and see if I can find out any more info on the split T-20 setup.

+ Reply to Thread