Auxilliary heater for avenger argo

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Auxilliary heater for avenger argo

Auxilliary heater for avenger argo

Do anyone have any pictures of a auxlilliary heater in there argo & do the heater blow on to the window.How effective do they work. Thank you for any input

Heater

This heater is in a 1998 conquest. This heater was in the argo when I got it, but it wasn't putting out much heat. The argo heater has a flat metal sheat over the heater and a small hole with a hose attached.
    We took the heater out and used a orange saftey marker cone. we attached it to the heater so the fan blows the air through the heater into the cone. We installed it back into the argo, cut a hole in the removable firewall so the cone fit through. With the firewall in place we cut the cone off so it's flush with the firewall. It gets lots of heat now. We use a fan to blow warm air onto the windshield. We did my buddies 2005 conquest first and then did my 98. Mine had a five blade fan, his had a three blade. He changed his and it is plenty warm now.

If you notice in the picture the cone and heater are on the opposite side as the clutch.

Slim

Heater.jpg

I should add, that you can get a simular heater from an auto supply store. They are probably about 12"x12". They have the fan and motor attached. They probaply have the safety marker cone as well That's where I got the cones. I haven't looked at an avenger to check for room under the hood. There is probably an open space on one side or the other, if it doesn't have the heater already. Your owners parts manual might show where the heater hoses attach to the engine.

Slim

+ Reply to Thread