maxxis sur-trac 22x11x8

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: maxxis sur-trac 22x11x8

maxxis sur-trac 22x11x8

Maxxis sur-trac 22x11x8 is this the standard size for a max II? Can anyone give me a review? Also found them on JC Whitney for about 450 including shipping for all 6, is that good price? as usual thanks for all your help

That is the tire I am told is being put on the new Max IIs now that the Rawhide III is gone. I ran them on an Argo Vangaurd years ago. They are aggressive and give good mud traction, but for water use they are totally worthless.

Recreatives better get on the ball in a hurry with this tire situation. Argo stepped up with their new 24" and 25" tires and even went the extra mile to make the 22" tire for the older Argos. They are expensive (just like everything else made today) but the Argo 22" tire is awesome for the Max II. They fit on your 8" rims and are awesome in the water and give a great ride.
    Everybody dies, but not everybody lives.

Brandon I am to understand that the Argo wheel will bolt up on the Max ,is this right? Have you tried the 22" on a Max II? If so how did they compare to the 24",as I have watched your videos on the 24's and they were awesome!I always wanted 22" Rawhides as I had heard they were really a good mud performer and would swim some as opposed to not at all.It sure defeats the purpose if RI is putting tires on that simply don't swim.I priced the 22" Argo's same price as the 24" I think $150 and $200 mounted on Argo rim.What do you think of the Argo beadlock system compared to Max's K lock?

The newer Argo beadlock rim seems to be working real well. Either rim will be fine, but remember that the Argo rim is 7" wide and the Max k-rim is 8" wide so that will change the tire slightly. I have not yet personally ran the 22" Argo tire on the Max II but all reports show it is the same performance as the 24" tire I ran without the possibility of rubbing the body. Also, there seems to be somewhat drastic differences in tire diameters from Argo. If you wanted to run the 24" tire on your Max II, have a dealer with a large inventory measure a bunch of them and send you the six smallest. Or, measure the 22" tires and get the six largest.
    Everybody dies, but not everybody lives.

Good point Brandon.My 21" Rawhides measure about 20 1/2 " my buddy's Frontier measures about 23 1/4 ".The local Argo dealer does have 22" instock. If I could I'd buy 22" Rawhide III's though as I believe other than swimming they will outlast and out perform the 22" Frontier type tire,but LOL I no longer have to ponder that.RI would have sold me them on rims last spring but once I had them shipped and taxes coming into Canada........LOL I'd be broke.They were $160 per times six....if I wanted them shipped here to my door $50 per times six plus 13% tax plus some sort of import brokerage fee,plus Canadian to American currency exchange though currencies were fairly close.Bottom line $1500-$1600. Still I wish I had a set of the 22s.

I called RI today to inquire about tires and rims. The 8" K-Lock rims are $50 each. The two tires they offer are the 21-11-8 Carlisle AT101 and the 22-11-8 Maxxis Sur-Trac. The price for tires mounted to rims is $150 each for the AT101s and $160 each for the Sur-tracs. I asked about swimming and was told the Sur-tracs swim a little.. The AT101 swim much better.

I have the AT101 on my Attex and they are excellent swimmers. It would be interesting to install them on the 7" wide rim as they have a square look when they are aired to 2.5 psi on an 8" rim. The narrower the rim the taller the tire will stand at the same PSI.

Don't pass up the 25x12.00-9 Rawhide IIIs on 9" Mudd-Ox or 9" Argo rims as an option, too...... (they're NOT the same as 25x12.00-9 Rawhide IIIs, do NOT let anybody tell you differently, as they're nearly 1.5 to 2" taller on that 9" rim....)

The tires are out there, and swim quite well.

~m

I purchased the 22x11x8 maxxis sur-trac today for about 430$ for all 6. Should be recieving them next week, after i get them mounted i take video or pic and post them swimming. I also give a review if anyone cares. I bought the tire from JC Whitney, they were the cheapist i could find 70$ a tire compared to RI at 110$ a tire

The Maxxis Sur-Trak tires I purchased from JC Whitney, were out of stock after ten days into the order. I guess better late then never to inform someone. On the plus side I did a bit more research and decided on gbc motorsport gators 22x11-8/c atv 8. Can anyone tell me how they like them, also might be stupid question but what does the 8/c atv 8 stand for in the 22x11-8/c atv 8? Once again thanks for all your help.

+ Reply to Thread