Any pics of Max II w/tracks?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Any pics of Max II w/tracks?

Any pics of Max II w/tracks?

Post em up if ya got em.

heres a couple
    Attached Images
    Last edited by srg121; 02-07-2008 at 10:16 PM.

tracks

Looks unstoppable!

Pictures

I have a couple of pictures of my MaxII with the tracks off showing the support and rails included in the track kit.
    I would not consider installing tracks with no supports and rails due to the tremendous pressure applied to the axles.
    I have mine removed as I cannot keep them on. They simply keep creating front flats and thus throwing the tracks off.
    Moike
    Attached Images

ive never seen the rails,do the argos do that too??.ive seen there aluminum axle supports but not up close,do they use 2 outer bearings? im fabricating 6 inch extended outer double bearing housings for my sidewinder,has anyone done something like this?? would this give enough support without the rail?? i'm using full and half tracks...12" so i'm doing all 6 axles. are the rails for the rubber tracks only or do they come with the plastic link track kit also??
    Attached Images
    Last edited by srg121; 02-09-2008 at 06:43 PM.

Axle Supports

As my earlier pictures show the axles are supported out about 6 inches or so. With that the rail which goes from front to rear connecting all three wheels. There is another bearing in the out part of the support cage. I can say that I believe this has eliminate much trouble for me as I tend to abuse my MaxII. The outer bearings in the cage are very similiar to the bearings at the body. Both are greasable as well.
    The cages are very strong, made out of steel and very good construction. Welding is done very well. I am not sorry I spent the money on factory stuff, it pays off in the long run I believe.
    Moike

my sidewinder wheel base is different from rear to center/center to front and axles are 1 3/16 so i don't think max stuff would work. was thinking of using press in bearings,i could easily fabricate a connecting rail if i needed to.probably only use full track for plowing snow,half track in woods ,don't need wheel extensions w/half track and smaller track should be less stressful on axles aswell.i could make connecting rail 2 piece so i could remove front section for half track
    Last edited by srg121; 02-09-2008 at 08:40 PM.

+ Reply to Thread