What are these tires??

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What are these tires??

Sorry, but they are only built in one size right now..but argo does offer the frontier style tire in a 22x10x8 which is a pretty good tire for general use or with tracks...
    I will check the actual circumference and height of the interco tire and compair it to the goodyear rawhide, and also the new carlisle tires that argo puts on the HDI and post the info here tomorrow for you...

how do they swim on your argo obsessed? in the previous thread about these tires i thought it was mention that the swim capability wasn't as good as expected, but i think they were tested on a mudox by matt o himself. they do look good though.

trevor

Quote Originally Posted by Obsessed View Post
    there on my personal play machine which is a heavy duty 6x6 frontier with a big block generac 27 hp conversion
    How do you like the generac motors? I've been eyeing this one on Ebay for a while...... Generac 44hp Engine Replaces Kohler Briggs Kawasaki - eBay (item 190547705482 end time Aug-20-11 16:40:12 PDT)
    Item # 190547705482 if the link doesn't work?
    With that much power I'm sure #60 chains would be a good idea. LOL
    Last edited by thebuggyman1; 08-05-2011 at 08:57 AM. Reason: OH, I didn't mention...66 ft-lb of torque!

just measured several aquatorque tires mounted on a 9x10 rims with 6 lbs of air and they are all very close in size...they average
    77 3/8" in circumference
    24 1/2" in height
    12 1/2" in width

25 x 12 x 9 goodyear rawhide III's measure about
    77 3/4" in circumference
    24 5/8" in height
    12 1/4" width

25x12x9 Carlies HDI tire
    78 3/4" in circumference
    25 1/4" in height
    12 1/2" in width

as far as swimming, they do not swim well but on my 6x6 frontier with just me in it it will get me where i want to go...i have only tried them on the 6x6 and 8x8 frontier...they might work better on a lighter machine like Noels swamp fox or MaxII as more of the tire would be up out of the water...in the creeks and rivers that we play in they work excellent and will go places that few tires will go...and they turn easier than most agressive tires because of the unique tread design... as far as durability im not sure you could find a tougher tire...

as far as the generac motor which is was labled last year as 27hp continuious output at 3600 rpms and 30 hp peek at 4000 rpms (this year there are a few changes including a new decal that says 30 hp) is just awsome and is the same block as the 40 hp. both of those motors are designed for standard fuel. the 44 hp has a few more modifications which require premium fuel but still give good reliability...the 30 hp in a 6x6 is more than enough power and Lee who just got a new 2011 adair 6x6 frontier BB with the new 30 hp in it mentioned it is probably a little long on power for most situations...i think that a new 8x8 frontier with the old style transmission and a 40 hp generac would be the ultimate in durrability, torque, fuel economy, and weight...

in my experiance the generac motors are more tuneable, start easier, and idle better (mine will actually idle at about 300-400 rpms when warm) we set them at about 700 rpms which makes shifting effortless and easy on gears, and when you let off the throttle in the water the tires will actually quit turning. the fuel consumption seems to be considerably less than the lower powered 23 hp briggs. and you can easily adjust how quick or how softly the motor responds to throttle response which can make for a more predictable or comfortable driving experiance and easier on the drivetrain

just my 2 cents

+ Reply to Thread