MAX II Little disapointed

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MAX II Little disapointed

MAX II Little disapointed

Had my MAX II just a short time but I thought these would go better than what has happened to me. 1'st time I took it into a wild rice patty, pretty much just muck went about 30 feet and got stuck. After a couple of hours got it out. 2nd time thought I better just try a lake, not much better. Traveled to where I was floating and the tracks just sat there and turned, would hardly move, ( It seemed I was going the wrong way)this time it only took about twenty minutes to get traction and get out. The tracks are the solid rubber one's with the aluminum blocks and about one quarter inch ribs of rubber going across them. I am new to these so I was just wondering if I am doing something wrong or what. It's a 1996 with a 18hp vanguard.Thanks for any advice. I live by Wisconsin Dells, anyone close that I could ride with sometime?

The Max with tracks is great for the snow, but not that great in the mud, and it barely swims in the water. If you swam it with just the 21" tires, it would really move a lot better in the water. The 22" Goodyear Rawhide IIIs are the best factory tire for the mud, and they still swim well too, but not as fast as the 21" Rawhides. Try getting an extra set of wheels and tires for the non snowy months and just use the tracks the rest of the time and you'll be very pleased.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

tracks on the MaxII are darn near impossible to get on again once you take them off , i would not take them off. Did you start spinning in the rice field or did you power out ?? tracks dont like to swim but in the muskeg and loon **** i think ive only ever gotten stuck maybe twice in 15 years, when going through the grease nice and easy is the way to go, if you spin the tracks you will burry yourself, ive gone though stuff that you absolutly can not stand on without sinking to your neck, but dont break the surface by spinning your tracks or youll sink .
    He who has not cruised the back country in a 6x6 , has not lived life to it's fullest
    A Mans level of mechanical education directly corresponds to the level pain suffered while getting it

The tracks aren't bad to remove and re-install.........shop vac to completely collapse all tires,remove middle wheel.............walk the tracks on or off,first time I did it I declared it impossible but Hey Dan from RI told me the shortcut.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldon View Post
    The tracks aren't bad to remove and re-install.........shop vac to completely collapse all tires,remove middle wheel.............walk the tracks on or off,first time I did it I declared it impossible but Hey Dan from RI told me the shortcut.
    Agreed! That works very well.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Thanks to all you guys for the help, When I went in to the rice field I took it slow and when I got in I did spin the tracks and sank like a rock. I thought that the tracks would help in the water, I think I will look for an extra set of tires and rims. When the snow flies I sure hope I can plow with it, got my tractor and blower for sale so I will be relying on the max with a plow. Again, thanks

One more thing, the guy that owns the rice pond (about 45 acres) was hoping I could tear up the rice too so he could have some clear water for duck hunting. If any of you are close to Wisconsin Dells and think you can make it though that stuff I bet he would let you have a go at it.

I just bought a max and I live in St. Charles IL. I would go with ya once I get a few problems worked out.

Ken

It always good to have a friend and his AATV along on a ride!

Been working on some other projects before the snow flys so I haven't checked here for a while. Ken do you get up this way very often? and for anybody, what belt should I use on this rig? I have the engine moved all the way forward and it sill grabs and jerks. I'll check back more often. Al

+ Reply to Thread