Custom Built Aluminum 6 Wheeler!

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Custom Built Aluminum 6 Wheeler!

Custom Built Aluminum 6 Wheeler!

It looks like this company did a really excellent job on this custom build. It said that the machine was based off of a 1970 Attex ST/300. It sure looks good, but I bet it weighs a good bit more than the old Attex did. Take a look!

Joie's Toy
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Man, that is hardcore. It even has a Jeep grill and hood

droool slurp, man that is so awwwwesome, I wish I had the cash and the facilities.

gotta love that aluminum

Now that is cool!! I built allot of alum boats might be something to think about doing depend on what condition 8x8 project I find.

I beat by the time to weigh out the old attex poly tub and heavy steel frame compared to thin aluminum and a aluminum frame there probably isn't a whole lot of weight difference and i know i could build a aluminum one little then my old fiberglass hustler

I think the owner of this machine is a member on the forums here, his name is Overkill I believe, but I could be mistaken. Unfortunately Attex didnt start making polyethelene bodies until 1976. From their 1969 models up to that point (including their military 8 wheeler tank trainer models) they were made of ABS plastic, which is brittle and not nearly as durable or forgiving as poly bodies are. If the tank trainer 8 wheelers were polyethelene I probably would have bought one by now, but they were "stretched" and they had a tendency to crack since they were so long. Now, on the other hand, a custom aluminum body would be very cool on an Attex 8 wheeler!
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

well now you have me thinking about the aluminum tub now I almost want to find a parts/guts attex 8x8x down here instead of something fixable

I keep kicking myself for not buying those 2 Attex military 8x8 tank trainers on ebay. Oh well, there will be more of them eventually.

Bad to the bone 6x6

I know that this all alluminum , 6x6 amphib , has been posted on the forum before , but this custom alluminum 6x6 is worth posting again , for the people who have not seen it , because its an awesome machine ! It would take some one like Whipper , to build an amphib like this .

http://www.overkilloffroad.net/masco...unning%201.JPG

Mudbug, that was actually based on a 1st generation olive green Attex. I thought this guy that built this was a member on 6x6World. Does anyone know for sure?

+ Reply to Thread