no speed

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: no speed

Question no speed

I have a 16hp tecumsch engine on a 70s scrambler,and its real slow.I'm sure my riding mower will out run it and its over 12 years old with the same hp.The engine seems to run ok,has good pulling power,and rev's up fine with belt off .With engine off I checked to see if acc. was opening all the way when I pressed gas pedal and it was.The choke is open to.The engine don't rev up when pulling so I'm sure nothing is slipping.It just don't wind on up when moving.My acc. linkage is hooked to a lever on bottom of engine block,from that lever a spring and rod hook to carb. I don't know if that lever on bottom of engine is acting like some kind of governer. Any help would be appreciated

if your throttle linkage is all good, i would think your problem would be in your clutches not engaging correctly. probably rusted on the shafts or something

no speed

ok,it is a governor holding back the engine from running. I unhooked it and engine seems to run fine .Now I just need to modify linkage to hook up acc. Meanwhile since it's been sitting, now I have lost all steering.See some fluid under 1 rear slave cyl. and possibly some at frt. steering cyls. I had tried bleeding system before but I beleive all the hydraulic cyls. need rebuilding or replacing. Anyone know where I can get some good cyls. are overhaul kits?

Quote Originally Posted by biggus View Post
    ok,it is a governor holding back the engine from running. I unhooked it and engine seems to run fine .Now I just need to modify linkage to hook up acc. Meanwhile since it's been sitting, now I have lost all steering.See some fluid under 1 rear slave cyl. and possibly some at frt. steering cyls. I had tried bleeding system before but I beleive all the hydraulic cyls. need rebuilding or replacing. Anyone know where I can get some good cyls. are overhaul kits?
    Note I have saved but never dealt with, just what I was told but.......

mrscrambler@ juno.com = seal kit

I believe it is complete seal kit for the slave and master cylinders. Let me know if you find out.

Smile

Gee Larry, where did u hear that?

the origional belt replacement for a scrambler is a napa 6013, i think, you might want to put a new one on...... and a spare too, saves alot of time later.....

replacements are.....sks 6206 2rsgem and 6206 2rsc3 kuyo's
    Last edited by Mike; 06-04-2009 at 07:13 AM. Reason: merged three consecutive posts

Quote Originally Posted by Amphiman1 View Post
    Gee Larry, where did u hear that?
    Hmmm, Amphibiousman2 I think???

Question seal kit

I never did get a response from mrscrambler@juno.com about a seal kit for the slave cyls and steering master cyls. Also I would like to know is there a transmission anyone could recommend that could be adapted to my old scrambler which does not have one?Sure would like to have a reverse. If there is, where do I get one and any idea what one should cost?

scrambler

still haven' got the steering fixed so maybe I don't need reverse

scrambler

i had a scrambler at one time and reverse was a big deal to me so i found out comet made a F-N-R transmission that i was going to adapt into my scrambler but instead i made a deal on a maxII and got rid of the scrambler you can still find those transmissions on ebay they are about $300 tho
    Attached Images
    l___>
    what good is it if it dont float

I would look into adapting a fnr trans from a polaris quad. You know it will handle the power and I was watching them for a while and you could get them pretty cheap on ebay.

+ Reply to Thread