rc 60 chains

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: rc 60 chains

rc 60 chains

will the rc 60 chains fit ona double number 50 sproket? also would anyone recommend using rc 60 on the whole argo?
    Last edited by curtisbyrne; 12-24-2015 at 03:01 PM.

No, they wont fit. And no, stick with the double 50 chain. According to Diamond chain published specs, file:///home/chronos/u-631648f460ceadc4a3e69f33ee6aa689c352a46f/Downloads/Diamond%20Standard%20Series.pdf #60 is only about 2/3 the strength of #50-2

Sorry, the link didn't come through correctly.

for what i use the argo for i dont need alot of strength i just want to with some cheaper and more simple so now would you or anyone recommend it?

The local supply house charges me $215 a box for #50-2 tsunami chain. I've found it on eBay for as little as $45 a box. At least buy good chain for the 6 up front. They get the brunt of all the use in an Argo. 50-1 will fit on the 50-2 sprockets if you had to but it won't last very long at all.

Please use what is recommended,you are not saving a dime by wearing sprockets out prematurely.50 and 60 series chain has differences in roller diameter and also pitch (measurement from pin to pin). So no I personally would not recommend it.....

what about the rc 50-1 chain is that single strand. thoughts? http://www.ebay.ca/itm/50-50-1R-10Fe...AOSwHPlWcKQG?? also look at the photos of the chain it shows the specs to would it work on the double sproket?

Quote Originally Posted by eddieb1965 View Post
    Please use what is recommended,you are not saving a dime by wearing sprockets out prematurely.50 and 60 series chain has differences in roller diameter and also pitch (measurement from pin to pin). So no I personally would not recommend it.....
    x2!! Using parts that are different pitch, size, strength rating, etc. will lead you back here with a "Well I broke down and walked half a day home to fix my broken machine" thread in the future....

Stick to what was fitted originally by the manufacturer, 50-2 sprockets, fit 50-2 chain. No point in skimping on chain...... Tsubaki is what I run on hire machines and no issues, you get what you pay for with chain.

Quote Originally Posted by msafi65 View Post
    The local supply house charges me $215 a box for #50-2 tsunami chain. I've found it on eBay for as little as $45 a box. At least buy good chain for the 6 up front. They get the brunt of all the use in an Argo. 50-1 will fit on the 50-2 sprockets if you had to but it won't last very long at all.
    Listen to this guy (and the others). I do believe he works on these things for a living.
    My machine runs 50-2 & I put all new chain on it this year. I believe it cost me around $200 (on line, not through Argo) but if I take care of it it will last me MANY years! Well worth it.
    It seems there really aren't many places you can skimp on an Argo & still have a reliable machine :-(

Chains are the most likely item to wear out or fail. Failure can take out sprockets, bearings, axles, body parts, etc. Don't skimp on chain, ever. 50-1 will work for an emergency repair where you need to limp the machine back to the trailer, but its like using a space saver tire on a car, it won't get you far.

Do yourself a favor, get on Ebay or Amazon. You can occasionally find 50-2 quality Diamond and Tsubaki and other high end types for near nothing. Buy it when you don't need it and save it for when you do.

+ Reply to Thread