newbie with a sidewinder

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: newbie with a sidewinder

newbie with a sidewinder

I guys I just found your great site!I just picked up a sidewinder 73?Its a project with no motor.Question I have is what motor to put in it I posted pics under hustler name sidewinder,I know a briggs is the motor of choise,But I have a 200 cc honda from a quad 5 speed with reverse should I do it or settle for something else...Thanks..

I would use a small Briggs, Kohler or Chinese knock-off with 8-15 horsepower. I would also change the transmission clutch to a torque sensitive model instead of the speed sensitive model thats on there now. With the quad or trike motor you have, you will not get enough air around it or through it to keep it cool.

Smile sidewinder

that is pretty nice looking, i wouldn't cob it up though...
    even has the trail blazer tires on it too , with wheels

Motor

Powermax makes a real nice Honda clone motor 16hp for just under 400.00 shipping included.A few of us here have this motor installed in our 6x6.good dependable motor.

Quote Originally Posted by MarshallEpp View Post
    Powermax makes a real nice Honda clone motor 16hp for just under 400.00 shipping included.A few of us here have this motor installed in our 6x6.good dependable motor.
    Thanks for letting me know about the powermax motor

Quote Originally Posted by MarshallEpp View Post
    Hey Sidewinder,

I agree with MarshallEpp. Best bang per buck. I wouldnt suggest a atv/atc/motorcycle style engine just because of complication with shifting and such. The good ole horizontal style small engine(although not small like they used to be) running a cvt work awesome in these amphibs.

Keep us updated on the progress. Not many sidewinders around!! I bet I can speak for all of us on this but I love seeing the rarer ones up and running!!!

Smile rarer ones

Quote Originally Posted by LarryW View Post
    Hey Sidewinder,

I agree with MarshallEpp. Best bang per buck. I wouldnt suggest a atv/atc/motorcycle style engine just because of complication with shifting and such. The good ole horizontal style small engine(although not small like they used to be) running a cvt work awesome in these amphibs.

Keep us updated on the progress. Not many sidewinders around!! I bet I can speak for all of us on this but I love seeing the rarer ones up and running!!!
    you need to come to my house Larry.....

Now now One & Only, Larry W said he likes to see the rare ones up & RUNNING. EVERYONE would love seeing what you got up & running, you know? Spread the joy.

Bridget

Smile joy of joys....

Quote Originally Posted by Model Citizen View Post
    Now now One & Only, Larry W said he likes to see the rare ones up & RUNNING. EVERYONE would love seeing what you got up & running, you know? Spread the joy.

Bridget
    Come visit said the spider to the fly... See gallery, ask jp too..
    Last edited by Amphiman1; 11-06-2009 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryW View Post
    Hey Sidewinder,

Thanks guys,I will keep you all up to date with my project..

Dave

+ Reply to Thread