Looking at an argo bigfoot with super tracks

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Looking at an argo bigfoot with super tracks

Lightbulb Looking at an argo bigfoot with super tracks

i'm looking at an argo bigfoot with super tracks. i need to know how well they ride and if it will be smooth enough for my wife and two young kids to ride with me. not planning on doing anything crazy with them in it. i just need to know if it is smooth enough for them to enjoy it and not rattle there teeth out

Post Bigfoot tracks

Chapy, I don't have tracks for my Bigfoot,But I have drove one with tracks on it. To me it seem to have a smoother ride than normal. Especially over the hard and crazy stuff. But seem to lost alot of speed. Rick

I have both Supertracks and Standard Tracks for my Argos, and I have to agree with "momobigfoot", under MOST conditions they are a smoother ride. My kids are 4 yrs, 3 yrs, and 4 months old. We have a Cabin about 10 miles out in the nastiest, Muskeg Country, you ever saw but they all come with me all the time.
    However, MOST of the time tracks are more trouble than they are worth, in the conditions that I ride in. It's very easy to run the edge of the tracks on a rut, or stump, or rock and this can put enough of a "twist" into the track to make you "Walk Out" of the track. CAN YOU SAY "PAIN IN THE A$$"
    Don't get me wrong, you can go some absolutly amaizing places but they take some "getting used to". Normally I don't run them in the Summer, I use them MOSTLY in the winter, they work good in the snow as long as you don't have to climb hills that are too steep.

thanks alot for the help. i only want the tracks for winter. i plan on getting a plow for the argo. summer time i will go back to the bigfoot tires. i have another question about the value of the machine. its a 2000 with a windshield, canopy, brushguard, under 200 hours, seperate wheels and rims for the tracks. pretty well maintained machine. is it worth the $5000. price tag on it??? thanks again

Chapy

Hey just puttin' in my 2 cents. I can't tell you what the tracks ride like, I've never been in a machine that has them on. As far as Bigfoots without tracks, that I can speak on. I own a 98 big foot with 900 hours on it and every one of those is mine. If you are used to the way a 4 wheeler rides an Argo will take a little getting used to. After all the only suspension on an Argo is the tires and your butt. You'll learn that the more air pressure in the tires, the rougher the ride is. And you'll learn how to "hit" a bump so that the jolt is minimal. But if your family is any kind of adventurous they'll love the rides and will look forward to them. In ending I guess I'd say it isn't as smooth as a 4 wheeler but it isn't prohibitive either.

As far as the price is concerned a brand new Argo frontier 6x6 is listed at $10,995. So your under that by half and you have all the extras to boot. The super tracks aren't cheap, neither are the tires and wheels. 5 grand seems about right, especially if it is well taken care of. Good luck and if you or the guy that owns it ever wants to sell the track kit, look me up. Phill

Chapy, I think it sound like a good price. You may need things if your not use to these machines. Like chains,brakes,ajusters ect... But who knows ,You are the one thats looking at it. Sounds like good deal with all the extras. Rick

thaks a bunch. you all told me everything i need to know. i will sure let you all know what happens if or when i get it. i'm very excited. thanks again! Seth

$5,000 sounds like a great price. List with the equipment you speak of is about 3 times that.
    I had an older Argo a couple of years back, with standard tracks and it was OK. Just bought a 2000 Bigfoot with Super tracks and it rides smoother, can handle deep (real deep) powder. Technique and condition of machine and engine is what will make the ride smooth.
    Mine had been sitting for so long that the gas had varnished and gone bad. Had to empty and slush the tank, clean the carb, change all the oils, adjust the mixture, install a switch for the brake fan, etc... $200 and 12 hours of operation later, the machine runs smooth as silk. We have had record snow up here in a very short time. My snowmobile could not get anywhere and the Bigfoot with Super tracks got me out back. I only had to winch myself out once and that was because I hesitated going uphill and when I tried to back myself up to straighten out, I dug myself in good. Again, goes back to technique. We ended up having alot of rain on the 24th, made a mess of any trails that were there, the Argo just moved along like a trooper, no problem.
    Practice with it, get it going good and then bring the family.
    If you get icy conditions, you may need to look at cleets for traction for the plow.
    Good luck!
    And Happy New Year to all!
    JD

i test drove the argo yesterday and it seems to go real good. i also found out that the super tracks have the ice cleats on them. the list of extras gets better everytime i look at the machine. the owner is putting the tracks on so i can try it with the tracks too. it may need a little fine tuning in the motor but other than that it runs and goes great. thanks again. SETH

Quote Originally Posted by chapy View Post
    thanks alot for the help. i only want the tracks for winter. i plan on getting a plow for the argo. summer time i will go back to the bigfoot tires. i have another question about the value of the machine. its a 2000 with a windshield, canopy, brushguard, under 200 hours, seperate wheels and rims for the tracks. pretty well maintained machine. is it worth the $5000. price tag on it??? thanks again
    Chapy, this is not a fair comparison being an 8x8 against a 6x6 but in my area a 1997 Conquest is for sale for $4250. It has 310 hrs., super tracks with cleats, full Tundra top and winch. Original Runamuks. The windows in the top are fogged and hard to see in and out. Compared to this Argo, that Bigfoot price looks like pretty good with the extras going with it. It's 3 years newer, 100 less hours, and extra wheels and tires.

Max 6 Wheel Drive

+ Reply to Thread