6X6'S In The Sand I don't see any information anywhere Help!

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 6X6'S In The Sand I don't see any information anywhere Help!

6X6'S In The Sand I don't see any information anywhere Help!

Hey guys I a looking to get a Max4 project. My intetions are to take it to my local RV park where its nothing but sand dunes. I mean like white sand with no cohesiveness to it . I am not looking to do hill climbs but mostly ride it where its flat in the sand to get to other areas of the park where there is water for a good swim. Ya wet sand or moist sand the max i think would do good but how about sand thats deep . Most vehciles out there are 4 wheelers and buggies and they get around fine i just wonder if a max would always get high centered should it dig it's self into the sand. I used to have a suzuki samuria with 31's on it and i was very cautioned where i took it when it came to sand andnever went to far in to the dunes knowing i might get stuck. Although on hard ground like the max it would go anywhere i wanted to go. The maxs are great for bogs with water and dry forest areas but thats not going to be my application . I thought with more tires on the ground with a 6x6 it woud just float on the sand but i dont know. Does anyone have anyvideos of being in the sand , i cant find a single one on u tube of a 6x6 in sand . Please post a link if u have one or know of one video .

How about tracks and sand ? would a tracked max work in sand? I was advised that tracks on a 6x6 in the sand is hard on the tracks, and rest of the running gear. I just dont want to make a investment into something that will not work in the invironment i will be trying to explore. I am hrs away from any wooded fire trails but the sand dunes is big and a few miles away with lots of ponds and other waterways sourronding it . U can email me any data at cled66@gmail.com thanks cled .

Take a look at this thread. You may see a little sand in the videos somewhere
    http://www.6x6world.com/forums/trail...es-glamis.html

MAX IV Mark

Last edited by Model Citizen; 07-13-2016 at 07:07 PM.

6x6 in the sand

Yes even u tube videos of 6ers in the sand are hard to find. The only ones i did find was wen i look up argo and dunes and found about 20 sec clips. Now i can find people in the swamp all day long in 6ers but very little in sand. Dont they have any sand past back east? WHERE did it all go . Lets see some 6ers in the sand.

Heres some in Egyptian sand....
    YouTube

glamis

Quote Originally Posted by MAX IV Mark View Post
    Take a look at this thread. You may see a little sand in the videos somewhere
    http://www.6x6world.com/forums/trail...es-glamis.html

MAX IV Mark
    Hey thanks for posting. Thats what i talkn about. Thats the kinda sand thats in my area. Galmis gives me a better idea what to expect when in sand. It looks like it did ok. Thanks again. Maybe i may become part of tbis family after all. Cled

My experience running ATV's in the sand is it requires a lot of power. I don't know how a 6x6 would do but I would look for one with a higher hp engine.

Whipper used the Rawhide III tires the Runamuck and i can not remember what WFO was using but all did great in the sand. I am going to run the AT101's in April. When i took the Avenger to the Beach the Rawhides did great. There are videos of the machines at Glamis on the site. Here is one that shows the different tires used.

Lewis, did you guys air the tires down a lot to maybe around 1 or 2 PSI for use in the sand?
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Ive taken mine to the sand bar by our local river. seems to do ok, it does take quite a bit more power to really get moving just like any vehicle. tire tread and tread pattern make all the difference in how this thing is going to grip in sand. with 6 tires on the ground as opposed to 4 your not going to dig like a quad untill you try to turn, then youll dig. just take wide turns then youll be fine. Ive found that climbing out of flowing water onto fine sand can be an issue, almost impossible. i recommend not trying it. but you wouldn't attempt that in anything else.

+ Reply to Thread