First REAL weekend with Adair Tracks

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: First REAL weekend with Adair Tracks

First REAL weekend with Adair Tracks

So, last weekend, I made a trip out to our cabin, first trip this Spring, what a blast. We got to do loads of stuff, the girls had a great time
    Shot a bunch of video, some of it's good, most of it is useless, lol, and some never turned out
    I have lots of editing to do, but here is something to get started. After the initial Loaded trip in, I came back out to the truck the next morning to meet the family, and bring them in. This is a section of trail that has seen very little use in the last several yrs. There are ways to zigzag through it, and take side trails around the bad spots, but nobody drives right down the middle.......... at least not without having to make several runs at some holes, and some winching. I have to say that I was very much impressed with the tracks (They are not perfect, but I will get into that later). I've tried Rubber Tracks, Supertracks, and Standard Tracks on my Argo's.................. In these Summer Muskeg, Swamp Conditions, the Adair's shine.
    Anyway, enough BLA BLA, here's a clip:

Basically what I see is that these tracks take the need for skill out of the equation. Simply point the Argo in the direction you want to go, and it goes there.
    Maybe I'm just feeling a little useless now that my daughters can, literally, drive circles around me

RD

Great video Rd I looks like the tracks are working great for you, in the swamp.
    We do not have anything like that here Not even close. Around here you are ether going up or down.
    It,s nice that the kids enjoy playing with the argo. It,s good for them. Just thinking about all the younsters in the city who do not know how much fun it can be.

Pic

RD

looks great bet your glad for summer eh! any skeeters or sand flys yet? they are just starting to come out in Saskatchewan.

Great video. It looks like fun. The Adair tracks give old machines new capabilities.

Keith.

nice view RD!!
    HUSTLEMANIAC and a HONORARY MEMBER of the
    BIGFOOT ALUMNI

fun video RD...looks like the perfect place to be able to ride an amphib....good example of the skill needed to go through really soft, deep, muddy water crossings....in areas like that it usually seems to work best to go slower than normal and just let the machine "walk" across....sometimes when the mud gets really churned up it even helps to just stop for a minute and let it settle back in around the tracks and then ease forward...you also gave a good example of how a driver should just choose a good line and go for it...better to just let the machine wander a bit if need be and not attempt direction changes until your back on more solid ground...IMO this style of driving is easier on the land, the equipment, and the driver...probably saves a little money in fuel and repairs over the long haul also

take care and thanks for sharing some of your adventures with the rest of us :-)

tim

Skeeters have been out for a while now, but it's still the big dumb ones. More annoying than anything. No Sandfly's yet, lol, but they are on their way.
    More pics and vids are on the way, just have to slip away from work for a few minutes to post them.

RD

Hey Tim, I like the way you think
    I couldn't have said it better. I also find that in the trenches, sometimes you have to just stop and let the water wash back around the machine. It's easy to push a wall of water ahead of yourself and make the machine float. Sometimes I have 6-12" more water ahead of me than there is behind me, lol.
    More to come

RD

This

to this

is a beautiful thing

The kids caught these, I never even got a bite

RD

+ Reply to Thread