Max2 Tracks

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Max2 Tracks

Max2 Tracks

I just picked up a Max 2 with the prototype Adair tracks. Preliminary testing looks good. I'm going to put on a split shifter, red spring clutch, winch, then a carb cleaning. After that will take the machine to River Run and do a comparison with my wheeled Max 2.
    Will make some good comparison videos at that point. Meanwhile, I posted a few photos in the gallery.

What are you running for tires on it under the tracks Noel? I'm really interested in tracks for summer usage. My regular tracks of course don't swim and they are really too resistant to pivoting on dry ground.Why the red spring for the Max with Adair tracks Noel?

Adair tracks for a Max2 - Amphibious ATV Pictures

Here's your link to it Noel. Looks good !

Eldon ,the red springs are put in the clutch to hold it open longer to produce more torque at the bottom end
    He who has not cruised the back country in a 6x6 , has not lived life to it's fullest
    A Mans level of mechanical education directly corresponds to the level pain suffered while getting it

Yes Robinhood,but is the extra torque needed for Adair tracks?and....what is the downside to the red spring?

Hey guys:
    Sorry for the slow response. I was out doing some work today. The tires are Kendas, they are small at 18x10.5x8, but with the tracks they give a stance similar to the 22" Rawhide 3's. With this package the gearsets are much lower than I expected even with the green spring clutch. I really think that the red spring isn't needed with this set-up, but because I ordered one already, it will go in at some point. The tracks are made of HDPE, the same material as most of the current generation machines. It turns very easily off road and on asphalt or concrete you can really drift the machine around like a sports car.
    This is a base level Max 2, with a 14HP Briggs, hollow axles, no frills machine. My initial thought with the tracks would be that it would be ok, but wow, I was really impressed with what this machine was transformed into. It has traction, better gears, good acceleration throughout the power band, higher top speed, etc. As a matter of fact I think its going to out perform my modified max.

For some time we have had a track for an Argo up here called "Escargo Tracks" very rugged and very very heavy.They have paddles made of steel and will swim a bit.I talked to the guys who build them and they were only made for 10" wide tires.What I like about yours Noel are their light weight and spacings to expel mud.I watched Dans video with his Argo and those tracks look like the ticket.
    I think the Max factory tracks are the one's for snow but that isn't your worry down in your region.I'm real interested in how you make out with them Noel.With just a 14 hp. and assuming no bearing cages nor reinforcement rails they obviously turn easily.An Argo dealer told me their plastic tracks turn much easier than rubber ones.I have a floating bog that I'm keen on conquering.Wheels are no good as mounds of moss pile up in front of it but your tracks might climb up on the moss.I have never tried my tracks on it but in real wet times I doubt they would do it either.

Thumbs up Larry W Noel's Max II with tracks

We took Noel's max's out yesterday to River Run park. 1st Max II with 25x12x9 MUD BUGS.The other with the Adair tracks. All I can say is watch and see the diff. The Adair tracks are the best money Noel has ever spent.

YouTube - wildtexasranger's Channel

The 1 3/4" inch lugs on the tracks of the Max II provide some serious traction! I loved how it could easily do a quick 180 degree turn ,and then head in a different direction.

I love it ,,,I can't wait to see the Adair tracks on a Max IV ..That was some good video of the Max II getting it done .

+ Reply to Thread