How to replace your Bearings, Axles, Sprockets and Chain

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How to replace your Bearings, Axles, Sprockets and Chain

How to replace your Bearings, Axles, Sprockets and Chain

The first time I replaced the bearings in my Max II, I took pictures for the how-to article. Now that it was time to do it again, I tried to video and narrate as much of the process as possible. I added this video to our bearing replacement article found in the how-to section here: How to Replace Bearings in a Max II

As a disclaimer, I am a novice myself when it comes to this and there are many members here that are much more knowledgeable than I am on the subject. This is just my method and there are many other ways to approach this. It may not be 100% accurate however it should go a long way to, at a minimum, show anybody out there that is hesitant to do this themselves, just how easy it is.

While this is specific to my Max II, the basic process will also apply for a lot of other six wheelers out there. This video covers several topics during the process including replacing bearings, flanges, chain, axles and sprockets. If you question anything in the video or have any additional questions feel free to start a new thread here on the site and someone will chime in. If this helps just one person I will be happy.

Just watched this Mike. This is a great production.
    Banned

Very good tech info. Great video Mike!

Way to go Mike!!

Great video, Mike!!!!

you can be happy mike, I have been helped, the part about the locking collars was just what I was looking for because I am about to get started on reassembly with my project, as always thanks again.
    Every time I have to push 1... I buy 10 more bullets

Nice!! -- Thanks Mike!!

Last edited by whipper-ag; 07-13-2016 at 03:38 PM.

Wow, I love the animated 6x6world.com in the beginning with the audio!!! Very cool! The whole video was great. Looks very professional like something you would see on TV!

Maybe you could add an "annotation" to the video about locking the collar on the bearing in the right direction. Just something you did right but you didnt say anything about it.
    Last edited by LarryW; 03-11-2011 at 11:17 PM.

Mike, this is a great video! It probably took longer to edit the video into this nice of a production than actually doing it. Thanks for posting it and sharing your skills with all of us out here!

+ Reply to Thread