GI Joe ATV's

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: GI Joe ATV's

GI Joe ATV's

First off I would like to say hi to everyone here. I am not a 1 to 1 6X6 owner, all my 6X6's are 1/6th scale.

I was looking for GI Joe ATV's & saw Mike's model & thought you folks might like to see my collection.

Mummys Tomb

DELTA 7-X Communications Vehicle

Adventure Team 1st edition with no grill slots

Custom ATV made by myself

My second Adventure Team 1st edition with no grill slots

Adventure Team 2nd edition with grill slots

The rest are just more of the same with different Joe’s in them

This last ATV is a custom one that I am currently working on, it will have a custom dash board & a NOS tank.

Take care
    12ozMouse

Here's mine.

DSC_0030.jpg
    Last edited by George; 07-03-2011 at 09:52 AM.
    Banned

Those are awesome and your pictures are great. Thanks for signing up and sharing them with us. Please keep us updated on the progress of your latest 6x6.

I absolutely love 6 wheeler toys and your collection is pristine! Very, very nice and thanks for sharing those pics.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Last edited by whipper-ag; 07-13-2016 at 03:02 PM.

These are very cool and bring back some fond childhood memories. I had about 20 joes at one point, including the 6x6 with the wrecker winch, the space capsule, the jeep and trailer, the mini-submersible, the boat with outboard, and the headquarters. I even had some of the WW2 Joes with the German, British, and US uniforms. Wish I still had them. They were stored at my folks house when I was overseas in the Army. The shed got hit by lightning and was destroyed however.
    I had several neighborhood kids that would come over with their Joes, and we would have some adventure games. I even rigged up the 6x6 to be a light tank, with rubber band tracks, a cardboard box upper hull, a quaker oatmeat box turret and the gun off the jeep. It was great fun back in the day.
    I never saw the joe with the falcon though. Nice collection.

I had most of the sets as a kid growing up in the early 70's. My mom was pretty talented with a sewing machine and added to my collection by making tents, sleeping bags and other neat stuff for my Joe. I had that big helicopter with the belly winch and thumb-pump-powered rotors, the swamp boat, and the Sea Wolf submarine (pretty cool). But I cherished my Adventure Team Vehicle above everything else because the other vehicles were neat but they were all specialized, whereas that canary yellow ATV was so cool and unique-looking and it could go anywhere and do just about everything except fly. I took reasonably good care of all my Joe stuff and kept it all together in a big wooden footlocker/crate type thing my dad had made for my toys. I wanted to strangle my mother when I came back home from my first year of college and she said I'd be glad to hear that she was able to get rid of all my toys & "junk" in a garage sale! Aaagghh!!! LOL

None of our family, friends or neighbors owned a real amphibious ATV, so I grew up never knowing that these amazing, fun machines actually existed. Shortly after settling down after college on a piece of land that had some swampy terrain & hilly woods on it, I met a couple of co-workers who bought quads to rip around on. They were kind of neat but for some reason they just didn't "do it" for me. Despite their reputation (and my buddies' bragging) they were unable to traverse the really mucky parts of my swamp and could not penetrate the tight scrub and denser portions of my woods, so I knew they weren't for me. Then one afternoon at work I spotted a tiny Recreatives ad in the back of some outdoors magazine and I was stunned! OMG... these things are really REAL!?! I was instantly transported back to my childhood. There's no doubt that the fond memories of my G.I. Joe and his awesome, rugged go-anywhere 6-wheeled amphibious ATV was the primary reason that I ended up buying a Max II back in 1996.

Here's my current Adventure Team Vehicle. (Mummy not included! LOL)

I forgot about the helicopter, a friend had one of those in canary yellow, from what I remember it was a single seat chopper. I saw an ad in a magazine once for the firetruck, but never saw one personally. Anybody know about any other Joe vehicles?

ok i gotta ask where are you guys gettin the a/t stickers ????? ive seen a few of them now!
    they dont call me mad because im angry!!!!! im just a little crazy thats all!!!!

I've never really put a ruler to them, but I don't think Joe's ATVs are quite 1/6 scale. Hardly any of the vehicles are, some not even close. Besides the various Jeep incarnations, with & without the trailer, the AT had the MSV - Mobile Support Vehicle, which was a very cool 8 wheeled mobile HQ & was 2 halves. The front was kind of a scout vehicle while the rear was the HQ. There was an underwater vehicle called the Sea Sled. There was the Big Trapper, which used parts of the MSV & was a little toward the end of the AT. Kinda reminds me of a Gama Goat. There was also the Avenger Pursuit Craft, Turbo Swamp Craft & Skyhawk hang glider. Toward the very end of the 12" Joes, the fairly lame Defenders, there was the Iron Knight Tank. The AT also had a few backpack vehicles such as an Escape Car, Turbo Copter backpack helo & a raft among others. Irwin made a few vehicles for Joe (& Barbie), such as the Panther Jet, German Staff Car, another Helicopter, & a Motorcycle w/ Side Car. Later in the AT era, they changed the colors of the Panther Jet & Helo & also had a yellow Amphicat & a 3wheeler which, BTW, didn't look like a Honda ATC but's kinda cool. They also offered the Amphicat molded in Army green w/ Army stickers. FWIW, their Amphicat looks a lot like a Max II. Speaking of Hondas, there was a plastic ATC 90 or similar available in the early '70s that is just about right for Joe. They show up on eBay from time to time. MPC made a 1/8 model Honda ATC 90 that's close enough for Joe as well. I have several in different colors. There were a number of vehicles made in England for Action Man (British GI Joe) such as tanks & trucks & halftracks. 21st Centurys Toys, in the '90s, as well as Hasbro, made a few vehicles for 12" Joes. Formative Industries, aka Soldiers of the World, made a series of Jeeps in the '90s & early 2000's IIRC. Lastly, a guy named James DeSimone has made a few plastic vehicles, usually for conventions, such as a PBR, replica Irwin vehicles & 3 tanks & a sort-of Chinook-like helo. Again, several of his aren'e even close to 1/6, but are "Joe sized".

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Woods View Post
    I forgot about the helicopter, a friend had one of those in canary yellow, from what I remember it was a single seat chopper. I saw an ad in a magazine once for the firetruck, but never saw one personally. Anybody know about any other Joe vehicles?
    Last edited by famvburg; 07-06-2011 at 11:18 AM.

+ Reply to Thread