Busted bandolero into argo magnum

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Busted bandolero into argo magnum

Busted bandolero into argo magnum

Hello,
    I am getting a Bandolero repaired, and I am going to put it in my argo, I was wondering if anyone had done this, and if you had any tips. I am pretty excited about it

What motor do you currently have? If it is a briggs then you shouldn't have to make any modifications.

Well, it's an argo magnum, it's got an 18hp Kohler magnum (still factory). I am not savvy on small engine interchange, and I was wondering if anyone knew if I could bolt to the same holes, use the same belt, etc, off the top of their head. I am pretty excited about this engine, I will be needing a piston and cylinder head for a bandolero if I can't find one in Alaska.

Just wondering what a bandolero is? mount holes will be different belt will be different clutch is 50/50 cause Magnums had engine shafts with either threaded or keyed shafts no real way to tell other than getting the clutch off
    '99 Conquest 104hp turbocharged intercooled EFI Chevy Sprint conversion
    "Argo 8x8's only" type of guy
    "old school Argo expert"

The bandolero is just a modified Briggs 20hp motor that makes about 28-29 HP. It is made by 600 racing in Harrisburg, NC to power their bandolero race cars which are basically smaller Legends style cars.

I'm not sure if the mounting holes would be the same as the Kohler but I doubt it.

oh ok thanks Mike, i learned something new today lol i thought the pics looked like a typical Vanguard lol
    '99 Conquest 104hp turbocharged intercooled EFI Chevy Sprint conversion
    "Argo 8x8's only" type of guy
    "old school Argo expert"

Roger in the mount holes. I will probably look at slotting them, then , so that I can adjust the belt accordingly. The clutch is indeed threaded, but I machined a keyway into last time I put an engine in. Does anyone have a clutch that is keyed for that type, is that an item I even can buy new? I suppose I should post that in the other forums. Anyway, I could not be more excited about my bandolero!

Well, the Bando is all fixed up, and should be going in the magnum in a week or so. I will see if I can get the argo man to send a pic or two. He is concerned my clutch is gonna be a bit too weak for all that power, just because we drilled the keyway in, and then shaped a piece of keystock. So the key is shaped like a slice of bread sort of. We are both concerned that we are gonna need a real keyed clutch. So, please chime in if you have a good idea about a clutch for a bando, or if you have one, got to be keyed!!! It's always something

Quote Originally Posted by MIteyMT View Post
    Hello,
    I am getting a Bandolero repaired, and I am going to put it in my argo, I was wondering if anyone had done this, and if you had any tips. I am pretty excited about it

Was just diggin' through old threads and i see stock rods & valves in that Bandolero block, the few I had here were the same way. pistons, cam, valve springs and two barrel carb.

Not alot of money to make some power, pretty much a do it yourself project

Just sayin

I didn't realize this block had the same exhaust spacing as the 18 horsepower ones. It didn't have a lot of bottom end but really ran up top.

+ Reply to Thread