Picked up a nice Hustler today.

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Picked up a nice Hustler today.

Picked up a nice Hustler today.

I picked this up at a farm auction today here in Colorado. I could not find any identifying markers on it but after reviewing many pictures, it is obviously a Hustler. Seems pretty original other than the roll cage. Has a great running Kohler. However it's red, not yellow as I see in others. Who can tell me more about it? Obviously some guys on here with much knowledge on these! I plan on keeping here on the farm. Lots of fun for sure. We have a small lake that we can use it on also. I've always loved these, but never owned one, so when I saw it at the auction and it fired right up. I knew I had to have it. I'll take more pics later of the engine compartment. By the colors, is this a Sidewinder? Looking for lots of good times with this little Hustler!
    Last edited by JeffJ; 04-09-2012 at 08:48 AM.

Looks like a Sidewinder. The later ones used a Hustler body but in different colors. I think the roll cage is OEM as well. Nice find!
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

That's actually a later model Sidewinder, which was just basically a rebranded Hustler 950. They were built by Clay Ratcliffe in Evergreen Springs, Colorado. The Kohler K341 engines came in both red and yellow. As Don said, the roll cage on it is original, not aftermarket or homemade.
    Good find, this looks like a really nice machine.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

I think that's the same one I saw on craigslist. Its nice to see it end up with a forum member. Welcome
    HUSTLER 980 NOS BUILD
    HUSTLER 980 TRAIL MACHINE
    HUSTLER 950 PARTS MACHINE [

IMG]http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww81/highrollinmopars/2012-06-04_07-13-01_284.jpg[/IMG]

I like it. The color sets it off and apart from the pack.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Great find..............If you have any questions or just need some help give me a yell.... I too live here in Co. (southern) I have just finished a total rebuild on my Hustler/Sidewinder....They are great machines...you will have tons of fun with it....

Yea Turtle, I read through your build. Very awesome! I'll have to do a rebuild someday similar, but have way to many car projects ahead of it right now. It runs great, so we'll just enjoy it as it is for now. Can't wait to learn more about it.

Ah yes. Now that I see this thread, it is for sure a Sidwinder, so really a Hustler just rebranded as a Sidewinder. Very cool. Thanks for the help!

http://www.6x6world.com/forums/other...idewinder.html

Jeffj give me a buzz if I can help you with anything......I am also wondering what type of fuel cap you have...it looks like it might have a gauge in it....if so can you take a pic of it. I am looking for a fuel cap with a gauge in it.....Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffJ View Post
    Yea Turtle, I read through your build. Very awesome! I'll have to do a rebuild someday similar, but have way to many car projects ahead of it right now. It runs great, so we'll just enjoy it as it is for now. Can't wait to learn more about it.

My wife just did not understand the awesomeness of the AATV until I gave her a lesson on driving it on our back property tonight. It is now officially cool. Since all three of us can ride in it, now it is cool.

Turtle,
    It does have a cap with gauge, but it is not functional. The float is missing from it. It is just like the one in this link below. I'm sure there are some guys who can tell us exactly which one we need for the Hustler. It's a pretty standard one which I'm sure can be sourced from some other piece of equipment.

GAS CAP WITH GAUGE JOHN DEERE AM39206 [125120] - $14.58 : , Lawn Mower Grave Yard Equipment Used Tractor Parts Salvage

+ Reply to Thread