Argo tracks verses adair tracks????? Also axil extension, are they necessary

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Argo tracks verses adair tracks????? Also axil extension, are they necessary

Argo tracks verses adair tracks????? Also axil extension, are they necessary

Im in the south and thinking about tracks on my frontier 6x6. The adair track is impressive. I haven't heard anything negative about them from owners. Dealers talk them down. Any personal experience would be apreciated. Thank you

Is there something specific you were wondering about?
    I kind of have a Track Collection going at the moment, right now I have a set of Standard Plastic, 3 sets of Supertracks, A set of Rubber Tracks, A set of "Chained" Adairs 18.5" wide and a set of Adairs "Belted" 14"wide.
    For the majority of my riding conditions, the Adair Tracks shine the brightest, but I suspect that you have much different terrain to cover than I do.

I love going into the Dealerships around here and asking about the Adair Tracks. I get the same kind of feedback, lol, they have nothing good to say about Adair Tracks. Then I ask them which Adair Tracks they are refering to, and where have they tried them ?('cause I know they've never actually tried them at all, or even seen a set in person, except for the ones on my machines ).
    I've offered to go riding with a few of those guys, but none have taken me up on it. I'm not saying they are good or bad, I'm saying the Dealers are in the buisness of selling their own Tracks, not someone elses.

As for the Axle Extensions (Are they required?), that depends on which track you are looking at.
    Standard Tracks - NO
    Modified Supers 16" - NO
    Supertracks 18" - YES
    14" Rubber - NO
    18-21" Rubber - YES
    14" Adairs - NO
    16.5" Adairs - NO
    18.5 Adairs - YES

Hope that helps

RD

liljoe, Here is a video that has some clips of my Suzuki Vinson with a set of Tatou rubber tracks Vs my Argo Frontier with Adair tracks, the other Argo with the Mud Bugs is Lee's. After Lee saw what my Argo could do with a set of Adair tracks he bought a set for his Frontier, that same Frontier now belongs to Noel Woods and Lee owns another Frontier with a 30 Horse Generec engine and another set of Adair Tracks. Lee and Mudbug have run their Frontiers with me at Big Nasty through the worse swamp areas we could find and I never either machine even come close to being stuck. If you want my recommendation I say buy a set of 14 1/2 or sixteen Inch Adairs. I now have a set of the 16 inch Adairs on my MaxIV and I love them. The second and third videos I have posted here is Lee, Mudbug, and I at Big Nasty. If you spring for a set of Adair tracks I doubt that you will ever get that Frontier stuck again. Best of luck on what ever you decide.

Keep one thing in mind, Adair tracks swim, rubber tracks barely move in the water.

Last edited by mightymaxIV; 10-20-2012 at 09:33 PM.

MightymaxIV, I love watching that first video. What a great side by side by side comparisons!

Joe, a few more mud clips, Frontier, Mudd Ox, Vanguard, Bigfoot, every machine with Adair tracks filmed at several different ATV parks

Quote Originally Posted by Roadtorque View Post
    MightymaxIV, I love watching that first video. What a great side by side by side comparisons!
    Lol, I like that one too.

RD

The first video that mightymaxIV posted here shows the BIG difference between the closed rubber belt track design and the Adair open track design.

shoot.... been trying to talk myself into a set of home made rubber tracks. The more and more i think about it though, the more and more i think that anything but adiars are like a waste of money. Cant wait for a review of the belted adair tracks in the snow

Quote Originally Posted by spookum View Post
    shoot.... been trying to talk myself into a set of home made rubber tracks. The more and more i think about it though, the more and more i think that anything but adiars are like a waste of money. Cant wait for a review of the belted adair tracks in the snow
    It's snowing pretty good here right now, and the forcast is for about 14" of the Fuffy White Sh!#
    Both Conquests are tracked up and ready to go

RD.

RD, I know you had mentioned this before regarding tracks but here is a situation I came across a couple of weeks ago:

I tracked up my avenger a couple of weeks ago (Rubber Argo tracks) and went out looking for bison. Went out to an area that you have to run through a nasty swamp formed by a muskeg creek to get to. One thing I will say about the rubber tracks is the floatation is incredible. I was driving through a marshy area of the creek and thought something felt strange; then I noticed that I was essentially driving on floating grass, when I stopped I started to sink! Because of the floatation, the tracks seemed to be unstoppable in that setting. In bottomless, loon crap they work well. However, when I was in what I would call "regular muskeg" that I "might" have been able to pick my way through with tires only, I found the rubber tracks really strained the drive terrain to turn.

I don't know how much floatation the 14 inch Adairs would give you in the muskeg situation where floatation really helps? Does anyone have any input on that?

I have found a set of Adair 14 inch track that I can get at a decent price. The guy says he loves them but they are so slippery on frozen bedrock that his wife won't go with him to their cabin any longer with the tracks on. I guess they had some fun rides sideways down the hill in the late fall..........

RD, do you notice a big difference in the effort required to turn when using the Adairs over the Argo tracks?

+ Reply to Thread