Anyone using Recstuff 5 hole 8 X 7 wheels (rims)?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Anyone using Recstuff 5 hole 8 X 7 wheels (rims)?

Anyone using Recstuff 5 hole 8 X 7 wheels (rims)?

Price is right from Recstuff.com for 8' X 7" rims (trailer type 5 hole, DOT approved). They are welded all around, and weight the exact as the standard ARGO rim, 5.55LBS. But, a heck of a lot cheaper. Anyone buy a set of these wheels that can comment on them? Like, do they hold low pressure. I know they don't have the lube hole, but other than that what are the good, bad, or other issues?
    Last edited by Mike; 01-19-2014 at 09:23 PM. Reason: moved thread from General Discussion to the Wheel forum

I don't think those are beadlok rims if that's what you are looking for. you would be better off buying them from Mudox I think I paid 50$ a piece for the 9 inch rims and I can run them at 1psi easy and they never pop off the rim.

Shallow bead. Rims are useless with used tires may work with new tires
    Acta non verba

Still looking for someone that actually used them with new tires. Please, no opinion's without actual purchase and use. Thanks.

"Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Not much info there. I guess he never followed up with his report?

Quote Originally Posted by shot410ga View Post
    Not much info there. I guess he never followed up with his report?
    Use the search feature to see if there are more threads on this.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

There are other threads. However most are asking the same as me. There are even a couple of mounted tire pictures on the Recstuff wheels. But, not really a report on the wheels with new tires. Example: Are the beads good enough to hold 3.5psi? Some people say "no" on used tires, but that was not what I was asking. Really no real user's reports (just opinions) telling us if the bead is good on new tires after they have been in use a while.. Which is what I was asking. And still am.

The information you are looking for will still be just an opinion. Unfortunately there is no standard of measure for bead holding, and each brand/model tire will be different, along with different machines, driving style, and terrain will exert different forces on them.

If you can afford them, buy K-lock rims. If you can't, well, you will have to live with the rougher ride of more air pressure and/or the P.I.T.A. of a tire coming off the bead on occasion.

I have them on my racer. I have had no problem, but I only use it on the track. I did put used tires on them, but I also glued the tires to the rim with gasket sealant. It's a nice cheap option, however, I have k-locks for my max Iv and Attex tomahawk. Those are the machines that take a real beating on the trails.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

+ Reply to Thread