Top Speed of Max IV / RIM

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Top Speed of Max IV / RIM

Top Speed of Max IV / RIM

I'm new to all of this I just got an old rim with a new kohler command 25hp engine and a rebuilt t-20 my major question is my top speed is only 12mph is this right?
    Last edited by Mike; 02-20-2014 at 11:26 PM. Reason: edited thread title from "Picked up a rim" to "Top Speed of Max IV / RIM"

That's the one that has been for sale on Pittsburgh Craigslist for a while, right? That should move about twice that speed. He probably has the incorrect clutch spring in the driven clutch (2 stroke spring because it probably originally had a G50B Chaparral 2 stroke in it) and the belt is probably way too lose.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

First thing to check is belt tension. Should be just able to pull the belt up and get about 1/16 inch clearance on inside hub( at crankshaft ) or engine clutch. Looser than that will give pour performance. Also full throttle with the belt on in reverse should be about 4100 rpm

Quote Originally Posted by msafi65 View Post
    Also full throttle with the belt on in reverse should be about 4100 rpm

I believe msafi65 meant to write "4100 rpm in Neutral"

Thanks guys yes this is the one from Pittsburg. Forward it revs to 4000rpm what spring should I get?

Green or red. The red is for more grunt, and the green gets you up to speed a bit faster.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Is that spring for the engine clutch or the tranny clutch?

The secondary (on the t-20). You may want to post a picture of your clutch setup to make sure it's the right clutches as well.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Thanks a lot I will take pictures tonight. Another question is the only way I see replays to this post is if I check it. Is there a way to get an email notification?

Congrats on your puchase H. You have to check back every day at least 4 times once you have joined our cult. Its a rule. Then you will buy more machines until you can't fit cars in your garage. Oh wait, thats sounds like me. Anyways good luck. Later Mike

+ Reply to Thread