jlo 295 tillitson hr carb rebuild kit

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: jlo 295 tillitson hr carb rebuild kit

jlo 295 tillitson hr carb rebuild kit

Hello! I'm new here and I need some advice. I recently came into ownership of a wedge for free! I did some work for a neighbor and he saw me looking at it and said I could have it if I could get it off his property. And since then I've been trying my best to do my research to find parts for it. It looks like most of it is there but it's been sitting for a while. And here is where I come to you guys looking for help. I tried to get it started after cleaning the carb but it just won't go. I can't seem to find a model number on the carb to find the proper kit I know the engine is a jlo 295 and it has a tillitson hr carb but there is a sub model that isn't anywhere I can see. Does anyone know what kit to use or what model it is?

Thanks for any help!
    Last edited by Mike; 03-15-2014 at 08:38 PM. Reason: moved thread from Other AATVs forum to the Engine forum as the question is about a carb for a jlo used in multiple machines

Nice a free wedge, I like the look of these machines. I would replace the tillitson carb with a mikuni, but I'm sure others are going to tell you to keep it and rebuild it. You could pick up a cheap mikuni off eBay. Does yours have the optional jet drive?
    http://www.6x6world.com/forums/conte...e-tricart.html
    Courage Invites Critics

Sadly it does not, I was just out there trying to get it started and it runs on starting fluid and if I manually choke it by covering up the entire air intake it'll run on gas. When I took the carb apart to clean it, it was spotless. like whoever last used it ran the gas out of it and let it sit which was a good thing but the diaphragm got all ridged and I think that's the problem. Are there any guides or info on the replacement. I'd like to rebuild it first and see if it'll take off. I think tillitson still sells kits for it. But replacing it isn't out of the question

Believe it to be an hr21 (a?) any hr kit should fit just use parts needed, if it has an external fuel pump it may me a hr19a. I believe hr and hd kits are the same.

Dennis Kirk had the kit for mine if that helps

I took it off and cleaned it up a little and I think I found the model number, weird thing is it doesn't match up on the tillitson website or in google

looks like to me it says HR-83A

Tillotson Carb Parts

This is where I get my stuff from.
    Tillotson Repair Kits | Snowmobile Parts | MFG Supply
    "Racing is life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

Those are the same kits I've seen everywhere else. The gaskets are the same but the valve/pump is different

There's a hole in the middle of it
    Although I did buy a new diaphram hoping that's the only problem if I cant find a kit

Looks like the hr83a was only used on Wedge's at time of publication of guide on vintagesnow, the hr66a was the same less pump. Looks to be the wide mount carb..

Quote Originally Posted by ARGOJIM View Post
    Looks like the hr83a was only used on Wedge's at time of publication of guide on vintagesnow, the hr66a was the same less pump. Looks to be the wide mount carb..
    Thank you so much! With the parts listing from vintagesnow I was able to find the kit! For some reason an HL kit looks like it matches up

+ Reply to Thread